Can Ctek Xt 14000 Charge 2x 12v Agm 105ah Batteries?

livaio

Is your electric motor 24v or 12v? I personally would buy the 12v charger. At least then u can use it to charge other batteries.  If ur motor is 24v you can change the batteries to parallel to charge and switch them back to series to run the motor. That 24v charger will only charge the batteries in series (24v x 105ah) pretty sure it can't detect 12v or 24v like some other smart chargers. 

16 hours ago, Doyley said:

Is your electric motor 24v or 12v? I personally would buy the 12v charger. At least then u can use it to charge other batteries.  If ur motor is 24v you can change the batteries to parallel to charge and switch them back to series to run the motor. That 24v charger will only charge the batteries in series (24v x 105ah) pretty sure it can't detect 12v or 24v like some other smart chargers. 

My motor is 24v. Isnt charging batteries parallel inaccurate for the charger to determine the voltage?

That CTEK will charge your 24v battery bank just fine by charging both batteries at the same time.

You can also use a 12 volt charger on the 24v bank but you need to charge each battery seperately.

They do not need to be disconnected or changed to parrallel, just connect the 12v charger to a battery and charge it and then move the charger to the other battery.

On 4/22/2016 at 11:59 AM, aussie123 said:

That CTEK will charge your 24v battery bank just fine by charging both batteries at the same time.

You can also use a 12 volt charger on the 24v bank but you need to charge each battery seperately.

They do not need to be disconnected or changed to parrallel, just connect the 12v charger to a battery and charge it and then move the charger to the other battery.

Thanks... Should be sweet... Just got the boat welded by Jared aka customtinnieparts last weekend. Recommended by him to place the direction of the minn kota across instead placing it parallel with the guard rail.  

Decided to get it painted to match the boat colour from John's paint shed. John was very helpful and nice when i cut a piece of the boat paint for them to match it. 

Will be painting over the weekend with the 2 part paint which include the hardener. Does anyone have experience with the procedure of painting an aluminium boat?

IMG_3327.JPG

IMG_3363.JPG

Archived