Prado

Nastymind

The Prado is a good choice. We have one of the older models and they drive well on and off the road. I have driven a few of the newer ones (company cars) and they drive even better. When driven calmly they are pretty good on fuel to. We just drove to Sydney and back and only put fuel in once. It tows the boat like there is nothing there and the kids like the ridability.

You got that right mate.

They really are top of the ladder.

When i started looking around i found a base model for $25k with 80,000km. Sold before i could even see it.

Then there was a GXL with 125,000km for $24,500. Once again, sold before i could see it.

I'm not gonna jump into it as i have wheels already and the money in cash.

I just wanna find the right deal.

Brian D wrote:

A mate just picked up a 2004 model for 28k but it had 175k's on the clock. Must have been around Aus or something.

With that many k's Probably ex fleet, either government or mines.

Most of ours get that sort of milage before we sell them at 3 years old.

If your looking for one around 3 years old check out the fleet auctions, can be good value, but know your prices, often people with no idea put price through the roof.

i just bought a ex fleet ba falcon ute 3yrs old 160k its nice to drive cleanish tidyish but the air con has a faint squeak in the fan doesnt sound like much but f#*k me its annoying try to keep the millage down as its the little plastic bits of shit that they use that die early certainly not the diesel engines which last a lifetime im sure this would apply to most cars etc i didnt even pick the squeek when i tested the car :(

Archived