Anyone Tried/bought These?

Just wondering if anyone has bought/tried these soft vibes advertised on Gumtree?  http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/fishing/goodvibe-lures-may-sale/1113247810 

It's a style of fishing I'd like to do more of but I'd prefer not to be paying $15-20 (or potentially more) per lure. Any opinions on what colours would/wouldn't be good for jewies/threadies/snaps?

I'll see what feedback there is - if I decide to get some I might see if anyone wants to go halves in the 30 pack. 

• 1 month later...

The thing I look at when buying vibes is the hooks and split rings. Just take it into consideration if buying cheaper ones that need upgrading, increasing the cost. 

I bought some called good vibes they have a good action. $10 each delivery included if you buy 5. 

I like the hardware on the fish candy vibes but not the design. I found the tails twisted an fouled a lot. 

3 hours ago, Luvit said:

The thing I look at when buying vibes is the hooks and split rings. Just take it into consideration if buying cheaper ones that need upgrading, increasing the cost.  

Haha, you see Wayne, that's the one advantage that fishermen like me have over fishermen like you - it doesn't matter how strong the hooks, split rings, etc are on anything I throw into the water ........ :no:

Good point actually - I bought some that arrived a few days ago which look good however haven't taken them out of the packet and/or focused on the terminal tackle so will do so before using them.

6 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Haha, you see Wayne, that's the one advantage that fishermen like me have over fishermen like you - it doesn't matter how strong the hooks, split rings, etc are on anything I throw into the water ........ :no:

Good point actually - I bought some that arrived a few days ago which look good however haven't taken them out of the packet and/or focused on the terminal tackle so will do so before using them.

I need strong hooks because trying to pull the bottom/snags up straightens the light ones:lol:

15 hours ago, mangajack said:

I change all rings and trebles to singles......can't pick any difference with hookup rates but snag rates are much reduced.

if a fish gulps down an entire lure, youd think a bigger single hook would have more chance of remaining hooked up..? it would in my mind

but id imagine the treble hooks have a higher chance of hooking those timid reaction strikes. depends on what your targeting i guess

8 hours ago, christophagus said:

if a fish gulps down an entire lure, youd think a bigger single hook would have more chance of remaining hooked up..? it would in my mind

but id imagine the treble hooks have a higher chance of hooking those timid reaction strikes. depends on what your targeting i guess

I find i drop more fish with trebles than singles.

The lures swim better with singles.

The hook up rate with singles is no different to trebles.

Have not had a single fail yet.

Snag resistance with singles is greatly increased.

If a fish is going to take a swipe at a 100mm vibe it is not going to be timid.

• 4 weeks later...

Just joining the conversation...has anyone tried doubles? My better half and I have just started making our own Soft Plastic Vibe lures for sale on Ebay. We include an OWNER double hook because like Mangajack we find the vibes swim alot better. Also when using the double you can reverse the hooks so that it becomes a snagless version for getting in close to lilly pads etc.

Archived