Straddie Offshore

jon

Hi guys been a while so thought I'd throw one up. Myself and a mate headed out Friday morning to chase a few reefies outside spb. The weather was not the best but was doable. First port of call was boat rock and in a few drifts we landed a few keeper snapper, so call was made to anchor up. This didn't quite pay off so we lifted the pick and started to drift the wider grounds around boat rock. Whilst a slow start eventually fish started coming over the side one after another and by lunchtime we had ran out of bait. Probably a good thing as we started working plastics around a mark on the way back to the bar and accounted for some great fish. Excuse my lack of detail as am writing this from my phone. Anyhow was another solid day offshore with a tasty mixed bag

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Fantastic mixed bag there Sef, well done!  Solid parrot!!  Were the parrot and cod caught on the one paternoster rig or double hookup by two anglers?

Cheers kelvin. Yeah I scored two fish on the one paternoster rig. This happened twice once with a cod and parrot and another with a parrot and Moses all keepers, was stoked

A bit late but here's another shot of a trip we did a month or so ago, this time we tried boat early but was very quiet, went out to the hundred or so metre Line then started to produce, and dollies just to top off the session on the way home

image.jpg

5 hours ago, Angus said:

So the hundred meter line is out from Boat? Won't pick your brain publically but I am over there for a week in November and will have Boyds boat so hoping for good weather.

nice going guys what date you going over angus iam over there then too from the 31st october to 15th november

55 minutes ago, straddiebrad said:

nice going guys what date you going over angus iam over there then too from the 31st october to 15th november

Hey mate I get over there on the 11th November I think. Birthday is the 17th so locked it in early :)

Angus

Archived