Gulp earthworms

username_taken

In Motackle they have packets of GULP corn! Obviously for carp fishing.

Surely though its cheaper to buy a tin of corn...

As for Gulp earth worms, i love GULP and catch good fish on them. However i think for earthworms id just dig a few of the real thing and save some coin.

Exactly.

Killer spots include landscaped parks. Get a little rake and go through teh mulch and leaf matter in the garden beds. This decaying leaf matter retains its moisture a lot more and thus the worms love it. You will never find a worm in dry soil.

Angus

There is a good article in one of the recent magazines where they talk about using these type of worms. The technique is called \"puffin worms\" and it involves a lite jig head and a \"stinger\" baitkeeper hook connected to the jig head by a short length of line to match the length of the worm. Fished light they are twitched and let settle, then twitched again, normaly close to structure.

worth a read if you are interested.

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i tried them in NPD on a drop-shot rig. i got 3 bass and miss a lot of bites. never use them again after the packet's gone as they go quickly on senko rig and i don;t think they can be effective on jighead.

How should you rig them then Kev? I wouldn't mind giving them a shot. (tillies on lures sounds like fun)

If you check back to the August FOTM I have a pic of a worm I used to catch a decent flattie. Not sure if it is an earth worm but it was just called a gulp worm. It was raining at the time and my guess is that the fish must have thought the rain had brought a worm up out of the dirt and it had fallen in the water. I was just jiggling it along and not working it in a traditional manner. Also have caught another smaller flattie on a worm.

i use a drop-shot rig. it's a sinker attached to the mainline and the hook's placed 10-50cm above the sinker on the mainline. a single hook's used and i place the hook at the middle of the worm.

i let the rig sink to the bottom and reel in the slack line. then just 4-5 unnoticable jerks on the rod tip. then reel in 1meter line, shake the lure again.....till u feel something on ur line. usually it's a very sharp tag on the line, different from being snagged. since in NPD, i am landbased, only braid can be used for this presentation

Archived