Breaking in a new fishing buddie

pepe66

Yesterday my wife finally agreed to going out in the boat with our one year old son. He had never been out in a boat before and I was worried that he wouldn't like it as I need him for future fishing trips. With the weather a bit ordinary in the morning I thought maybe we should try another day. We perceveired and visited shifting sands and Tipplers (did no fishing as the day was not designated for that) and the young fella even had a nap on the boat. There was no sickness and smiles all round. This means that there will be more of this in the future. Hopfully another keen angler and boatie in the making

Mate, You may have opened a real hornets nest there.;) Say goodbye to your past fishing buddies:P

Just kidding - I love fishing with the family onboard.....ahh rephrase that... I love to see the family fishing :laugh:

I hope the little one keeps enjoying it (and the big one too):)

hi pepe

what sort of boat do you have?

i decided on the coxcraft rumrunner for the added cabbin size expecialy, for my 15mth old boy ! now the misses knows its safe and we go out with just the boys!!! also a good tip witch i keep getting coments about is , i put his car seat in the cabbin on the floor facing backwards and i have made anchor points for it,i can strap him in and go without worrying!

[img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_2821__Small___Custom___2_.jpg pepe66 wrote:

Yesterday my wife finally agreed to going out in the boat with our one year old son. He had never been out in a boat before and I was worried that he wouldn't like it as I need him for future fishing trips. With the weather a bit ordinary in the morning I thought maybe we should try another day. We perceveired and visited shifting sands and Tipplers (did no fishing as the day was not designated for that) and the young fella even had a nap on the boat. There was no sickness and smiles all round. This means that there will be more of this in the future. Hopfully another keen angler and boatie in the making

check this out!

post-2165-144598431248_thumb.jpg

This trip was used as the acid test for the future outings and it was agreed that we would need to look at a half cab to make life comfortable. I also mentioned that it would need to be able to acommodate overnight trips for fishing. Her only comment to this was that she would not go on these and it would surely be a boys only thing - all I could do was agree.

Archived