rumrunners maiden voyage to the 20 fathom reefs

rumrunner

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Well yeah it does look alright for tommorrow. My analysis is based on them predicting it would be raining today but no sign just overcast and wind today was 40% higher than predicted, so if its roughly the same tommorrow will only get upto 15 knotts.

So we usually launch from the boat ramp next to vmr at southport off southport drive just after seaworld or whatever that rd is heading out to the spit. Where were you guys meeting and at what time again?

ok i will be using the ray street ramp off marine prde, i will be there at approx 4:30-5:00am and will then be heading straight out to wavebreak island to check the seaway and wait for others to arrive on the south east side near the cardinal marker!

after we decide weather it is a goer or not we can make way about 5:30 or so!

Just had a look at the 5am replay of the seaway. Looks like you would have had an OK motor out.

In case you guys were unaware of this, there's a site with live cams of surf conditions at -

/>http://www.coastalwatch.com/templates/default.aspx

Select Qld Cams and then The Seaway cam. It gives you a panning view from inside Wavebreak out through the Seaway and then a bit south of the jetty. Might come in handy for a pre-look in the future (provided there's a bit of light).

You can view live or each hour backwards in time. ( Looking forward to when they come up with one where you can see the future lol)

I've had a few problems viewing it on Firefox, but always works when I use IE7.

Cheers

:blink:

well after 12 hrs of fishing and a very tricky bar re entry:S i am pretty stuffed so here is the catch of the day, i will post the rest of the pics in the morning,

thanks for comming nasty! your a good bloke! B) we will have to catch up again soon!

total fish for the day in my boat was approx 15 (we lost count):blink: [img size=270]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_2995__Custom_.jpg

post-2165-144598433745_thumb.jpg

Archived