Expensive Session

Dinodadog

Had a very expensive session out at NPD yesterday. Before I even got there I had broken my remote for the minn kota, lucky Ray had one to sell, next up I was half way down the dam when one of my front batteries decided to die, next up I was fishing away when the lights went out on my sounder. So I got the shits after catching 22 bass on blades and had an early mark. Picked up 2 new batteries yesterday arvo, just got to hoist them into the boat, fit them up, tune in the new remote and I am ready to fight another day, just a few hundred dollars short in my pocket now. You will all be pleased to know I didnt get to take many pics.

Dino

001.JPG

No good @Dinodadog. You have those days, that for sure. At least you got fish out of it. I've had days like this, and topped it by catching nothing.

1 hour ago, Do$tylz said:

How long are you gents finding your batteries lasting in life? the usual 3-4 years?

I just passed the 4 year mark for my battery, and have been suss on it for the last 6 months. I bought another battery last month when I saw a 25% off sale and have kept it in the boat ever since. Trouble is now the old one simply won't give up the ghost.

3 hours ago, Do$tylz said:

Sounds like a crap run of luck there Dino. I'm sure karma will make up for it with lots of bass next trip :D

How long are you gents finding your batteries lasting in life? the usual 3-4 years?

I found out years ago that to get good life out of your battery you need a good charger. Iwas only getting 18months out of batteries, now I get 4 years with a good charger. Dont forget that Ray and I are using our batteries 2 to 3 times a week, thats a lot of charging.

yeah, my set that need replacing are about 10 years old. Original optus phone exchange batteries, they have done me well.

Last set I had die were not even two years old, and I never used them, they were my spares, century wet cells, wont be getting that brand or type again.

Archived