Heading Out From Manly Tomorrow Morning

Drop Bear

Hi,

We are heading out off Manly early tomorrow.

Plan is to drop some pots east of Green then head North to chuck slugs and plastics at beacons and do some jigging in any bait we find. Home at about 10am.

Has anyone heard where the spotties are? @Angus showed me a pic of the coffee pot red so will head there first.

I haven't fished like this much so am keen for any tips and tricks as well.

Thanks

So we got out. Put 2 crab pots in the deep water east of Green island then headed to the mouth and found the hundreds of boats with the same idea of beacon hopping. I suppose because it was a Saturday and light winds it should have been expected. There were a lot of boats and I saw no one catching. headed to the 4 beacons and again nothing happening. tried micro jigs, plastics and pillys. Towed some lures about to see if there was a Spanish  but still nothing. headed to Mud for a flick and got grinned at and a small stripy. went to the wall south of the river and flicked around but it was fully weeded out and virtually impossible to fish. caught a small flounder on the plastics and a stingray on a pilly. Wanted to see if green had any squid but the water was so cloudy only had a few flicks. Our only hope was the pots now. 

Lucky enough there were a dozen smallish sandies in the 2 pots. Phew. 

Was a nice day for it and great to spend time with Gav and his boy but didn't see a school of fish or birds working. Must have been one of those days

:)

25 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

So we got out. Put 2 crab pots in the deep water east of Green island then headed to the mouth and found the hundreds of boats with the same idea of beacon hopping. I suppose because it was a Saturday and light winds it should have been expected. There were a lot of boats and I saw no one catching. headed to the 4 beacons and again nothing happening. tried micro jigs, plastics and pillys. Towed some lures about to see if there was a Spanish  but still nothing. headed to Mud for a flick and got grinned at and a small stripy. went to the wall south of the river and flicked around but it was fully weeded out and virtually impossible to fish. caught a small flounder on the plastics and a stingray on a pilly. Wanted to see if green had any squid but the water was so cloudy only had a few flicks. Our only hope was the pots now. 

Was a nice day for it and great to spend time with Gav and his boy but didn't see a school of fish or birds working. Must have been one of those days

Feed of crabs would be alright by me.

I am happy you have worked that out we should try with the full batch of pots!

Angus

7 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Had the same situation around Bribie and Woorim. Weed everywhere, no birds to be seen and only a few small bream biting. Had bait fish all around the boat most of the day but they weren't afraid of anything, just floating around without a care in the world.

Archived