Blakesleys Social Deckie Spots

Angus

Hey team...

I thought this might help some people interested but not sure where to start find some deckie spots (and encourage others to offer) for the Social on the 24th to the 26th.

This is the thread for general blakesley's info...

I myself am going with Tony.

I think @Drop Bear will be bringing mrs drop bear.

I will talk to @Sports  as well as I think he was keen.

Not long now!

Bit cut I'm going to miss out... So I'll come down Sunday for an offshore trip with you lot and happily watch camp be packed up.

As of such; I'll have one or two deckies spots for those that missed out on the camp. Thinking of launching from Cabbage Tree at 3:30ish so I'm early enough to throw empties in Tuggers boat.

This means though it'll be a high fuel day and costs will reflect 150ltrs/3 people. Also due to ramp choice I will need one experienced deckie. If the wind is up, I plan to head over for the day still.

On 11/02/2017 at 10:44 AM, demarc said:

Bit cut I'm going to miss out... So I'll come down Sunday for an offshore trip with you lot and happily watch camp be packed up.

As of such; I'll have one or two deckies spots for those that missed out on the camp. Thinking of launching from Cabbage Tree at 3:30ish so I'm early enough to throw empties in Tuggers boat.

This means though it'll be a high fuel day and costs will reflect 150ltrs/3 people. Also due to ramp choice I will need one experienced deckie. If the wind is up, I plan to head over for the day still.

I think I can work up enough brownie points to get a day fishing :) If there is still a spot for the Sunday sess I'm keen.

Experienced deckie? yeah I think I might be able to call myself that and happy to share the costs. These things aren't free :D

17 hours ago, Do$tylz said:

I think I can work up enough brownie points to get a day fishing :) If there is still a spot for the Sunday sess I'm keen.

Experienced deckie? yeah I think I might be able to call myself that and happy to share the costs. These things aren't free :D

Still a free spot. Cheers. Ill chat closer to the time with you.

On 2/11/2017 at 9:44 AM, Angus said:

I think @Drop Bear will be bringing mrs drop bear.

Mrs Drop Bear has pulled the pin and wont be coming. I am going to take the rear casting deck off my yellow boat and see if that improves it. If so I have a spot. I have both my boats up for sale at the moment so its a bit weird and I don't really know what I will have.

I will be heading to Blakesley's on Saturday morning and coming home Sunday afternoon. Not sure what ramp yet but will read the other thread and I'm sure someone will have said the closest one. :)

For fishing I will bring crab pots but I am not confident enough in my boat so dont feel I should go outside. Will be trying to get a grassy sweetlip to enter the competition. 

5 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Mrs Drop Bear has pulled the pin and wont be coming. I am going to take the rear casting deck off my yellow boat and see if that improves it. If so I have a spot. I have both my boats up for sale at the moment so its a bit weird and I don't really know what I will have.

I will be heading to Blakesley's on Saturday morning and coming home Sunday afternoon. Not sure what ramp yet but will read the other thread and I'm sure someone will have said the closest one. :)

For fishing I will bring crab pots but I am not confident enough in my boat so dont feel I should go outside. Will be trying to get a grassy sweetlip to enter the competition. 

I'll meet you at whatever ramp you're thinking of Robbie. I'll be bringing pots too. Hopefully we should at least be able to get a feed of sandies.

On 2/12/2017 at 10:43 AM, Tybo said:

I still have one spot available to anyone. Will launch from a ramp in the Redlands area, not sure which yet, early Saturday morning and head home Sunday lunch. 

Hey Tybo, I'm wondering if I dont take your decky spot? I'm not in love with my boat and if we dont need it I might jump in with you if that is ok? I thought Vic point would be a good boat ramp. Anyone know if it is ok to leave cars/trailers here?

Untitled.png

6 hours ago, Angus said:

Robbie I am pretty sure Viccy is where most will leave from.

I have only launched there and never had any issues.

I'll more than likely be leaving from Viccy Pt to @Drop Bear and @Tybo. I'll let you know closer in case we're there around the same time. At this stage my brother is coming so between the 4 of us we might be able to cover a bit of ground with our pots and then hopefully work out where the action is :)

7 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Hey Tybo, I'm wondering if I dont take your decky spot? I'm not in love with my boat and if we dont need it I might jump in with you if that is ok? I thought Vic point would be a good boat ramp. Anyone know if it is ok to leave cars/trailers here?

Untitled.png

Yeah mate, of course, come with me. I can pick you up along the way and we can launch from there, sounds like a solid plan.

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I'll more than likely be leaving from Viccy Pt to @Drop Bear and @Tybo. I'll let you know closer in case we're there around the same time. At this stage my brother is coming so between the 4 of us we might be able to cover a bit of ground with our pots and then hopefully work out where the action is :)

Awesome! Sounds stella Kelvin, I'm pumped.

• 2 weeks later...

He can fish with me tomorrow if he wants Rob. Is he going over to the island with you in Ty's boat? I will be launching a little later so can meet him at camp, unload my stuff and then go fishing. I think I'll head south and try for some flathead & prawns. May also pump some yabbies if I come across some.  Can chuck an extra rod in if he needs it, just let me know. My number is 0411 619 837.

2 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

He can fish with me tomorrow if he wants Rob

Mate that is a very generous offer thanks but he is set on coming over Sat afternoon now.

Is anyone coming over Sat afternoon? We can pick him up no problem but thought if someone was doing a run he might jump in with them?

Archived