Anyone Like This?

Drop Bear

Ok I hope this isn't too annoying. I am on my quest to get a boat and not F#$% it up again like I did last time. 

And in my defense of putting up an annoying thread with no real content... the adds now appear on this page and drag me in... Stupid Gumtree and there clever targeted marketing!!

But all of a sudden there seems to be a stack of boats that would suit me! 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/windaroo/motorboats-powerboats/centre-console/1141764689?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MF-motorboat_powerboat

I like the third one and the last one based on the photos. Condition and seeing it in the flesh can be quite different.

The last one does not specify if the Yammy is a four or 2 stroke. If it was a 2 stroke for the similar money I'd go the 4 stroke on the third one.

The driving position on the third one is quite a lot forward and expect the ride would be a bit rougher than others with the position further back. If you're going out in good weather probably not a concern. The extra clear floor space a good advantage for crabbing and prawning.

I'd base my decision on what would suit the fishing I do  90% of the time. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Luvit said:

The driving position on the third one is quite a lot forward and expect the ride would be a bit rougher than others with the position further back.

In my last boat I found this was ok as I was standing up? I suppose it is still a consideration.

I like how the third boat already has an electric motor mount. 

3 is looking good at this stage. will go and have a look at it... Jimboomba... sigh

9 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Is the third boat 4.2m or 4.7m?

4.7m and that is exactly what I'm hoping for. Small enough to get around estuaries and easy to trailer but big enough to push through some bay slop or head to the group on a nice day. Yep tank sounds great and 60hp 4 stroke would be great too...

I have sent seller a message and hope to go have a look today or this week. It's gonna be hard to organise a sea trial from Jimboomba....

Archived