Anzac Day Lazy Session

timtam_

Had a late start to the morning after the Anzac Service in Ashgrove, but took mum, dad, and Tika out to Mud for a day in the boat. 

Tika landed a nice sized estuary cod on a slug of all things at the beacon! A few small schoolies came over the side but nothing that was legal so we shot off to Mud after chasing the Mack tuna at the mouth for half an hour. I think the two stroke is my biggest enemy....

Anyway. Spent ages at Mud for minimial success. Heaps of fish but nothing of size until Tika's 40cm Squire which put up a very good account of itself (and subsequently visited the esky).

We stopped at the rock wall on the way home for a quick flick to get beside the murky water of the dead-low tide and tika, somehow, managed to boat this stonker bream of 35cm fork length. Just like @Ovington and his bream from yesterday, they never look as big on the camera!! 

As Tika pulled her bream in, I managed to catch my first fish on a hard body! This tailor took a liking to a Savage Gear 75mm 3D Prey (Cheers @Angus, wouldn't have thought about tailor out there ahahah). The tailor also came home for dinner! I've never had much luck on a king tide... can always find the small fish but never anything worth writing home about. 

Anyway, had a good day considering the late start! If you're on instagram, chuck @fishframes a follow :) 

Cheers

IMG_1098[1].JPG

IMG_5335[1].JPG

IMG_5324[1].JPG

4 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Nice work, timtam. Aren't you worried about the chemical spill affecting fish from around the mouth?

He's still young Steve - 10ft tall and bulletproof :)   Sounds like a bit of fun Tim with a few fish in the esky - did you try a beacon near the river mouth? Cracking bream by Tika - you boys are going to have to start keeping up with her ........ :whistle:

Thanks for the replies gents. 

5 hours ago, Angus said:

great to see some tailor there already :)

Hopefully its the start of something good. 

5 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Aren't you worried about the chemical spill affecting fish from around the mouth?

I'd be lying if I said I remembered.... but really, every time we go out in the sun we increase our risk of cancer. It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

20 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

He's still young Steve - 10ft tall and bulletproof :)   - did you try a beacon near the river mouth?

I'm not 10 foot tall and I've never actually been shot (yet) so I can't comment... Yeah, the first pair of tripod beacons are my usual. I don't eve drop a line if theres no visible bait. If there is bait there and birds sitting on top, 100% chance that there are macks underneath :)  

Archived