Tohatsu Warranty

Cmaltby

I bought a new tohatsu 30 last year and just warning everyone the warranty claims process with them is a joke. The rectifier on my outboard failed not a big issue or problem anyhow my boat has now been sitting at the shop for 3 weeks now waiting for tohatsu to approve the warranty claim. The shop can do the work just waiting on it to be approved then there's still the wait for parts to be sent out.. poor effort by tohatsu head office 

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, Cmaltby said:

......my boat has now been sitting at the shop for 3 weeks now waiting for tohatsu to approve the warranty claim. The shop can do the work just waiting on it to be approved then there's still the wait for parts to be sent out.. poor effort by tohatsu head office 

I find your situation strange, is the mob your going through a tohatsu agent/dealer

When I finally tracked down the national distributor who approves warranty claims they assured me 4 weeks is generally standard turn around and approved mine on the spot telling me I should be grateful it didn't take longer. The outboard is reliable it's only a small hiccup sometimes things happen but the after sales service by tohatsu themselves not the dealer have been pretty dismal 

Archived