Almost Ready

Danny91

Ok guys so I know it's been a while since the "week 1" of working on the boat but here it is...unfortunately been unable to work on it as often as I thought due to the wife being in hospital but the only thing left is my electric motor and my fish finder to be installed (getting done professionally) please let me know if there is any ideas you would like to plant into my head. 

Thanks, Danny 

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

I agree, the boat unfortunately is the easy part, catching the fish on the other hand.....

yeah it's funny the wife already wants to upgrade after seeing the boat my parents bought this weekend, a long way to go but until i start to understand the water a little more... my tinny will do just fine for now! 

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0776.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG

You can learn a lot from going back through the old posts. If you do a search for mud or prawns it will give you a lot of information. 

I have pots we could use but it is a lot less productive through winter than in summer. 

A lot of practice required for throwing a prawn net but if you willing to put in the time you will be able to catch a feed. 

When your wiring it up mate i reccomend tinned wire, 3mm on lights and 4mm on any pumps (doesnt have to be but its cheap enough) soldering all wire joins and double heat shrinking them with the outer heat shrink longer than the one under it. Get some liquid electrical tape from repco or any supply chain and dab it on both ends of the top layer of heat shrink. This will give you pretty much a water proof join, and you need waterproof joins in open boats :P. Dont solder crimp on connectors just crimp and I peel the plastic insulator off and heat shrink them as well. Comes out very neat.

I run all my appliances back to one fuse panel so everything is in one spot. I hate chasing inline fuses with messy wiring everywhwre. Keep all wiring neat and run it through split tube. 

Takes time but you will be glad you did as an electrical failure on the water is a pain in the donkey. 

This is my current project. Its off getting windows atm but most of the wiring is done and its all neat, and everything works. 

20170527_152811.jpg

Now you have your floor height, make sure your seat is at the right height, you dont want your knees up to high.Also if crabbing or shrimping you will have to be carefull with all the carpet or you will end up with a very stinky boat. I can undo 4 screws and take my floor out and wash it.

Dino

Archived