Bombed Out At Borumba

Dinodadog

Arrived to a freezing morning at Borumba and headed straight to the other side of the dam for some sun. It was also a chance for Glen to play with my sounders to alleviate some of the interference I get with them both working.With that half sorted off we went, I mentioned to Glen I did not want to go up in either arm and wanted to stay in the main basin up to the trees. Reason being I hit 14 snags when up last time and still have a big dent in bottom of boat.

Well we could not find any schooling fish to jig to so we had to give the yabba arm a go, well you guessed it on the way back ( while going slow ) I hit a thick tree just sitting under the water and put a bigger dent in the boat. As it was it nearly tipped the boat over.

On the fishing side its one of the worst, only getting a couple of bass from a thousand casts and poor Glen had a donut to go with his pancakes he took.Should of taken some bait.

Dino

P8090013.JPG

P8090014.JPG

P8090015.JPG

Water was 16 deg when we started and only got to 17.6 when we finished. But I dont think that was an excuse. Spoke to another  chap that sat on a small school for a few hours for 7 fish, he said we could have his spot as he was going for lunch. I caught one then they got lockjaw and would not touch anything we put down.Its a long way to go for so little, I'll be taking some shrimp next time.

Dino

Archived