Louie The Lip Pic Added

Dinodadog

Well I finally got my bottom lip (face ) done yesterday and feeling fairly good this morning. Not so yesterday though, firstly they had to wash my lip, then attack it with rough guaze, then wipe it again, then apply a cream, cover it with glad wrap and tape, then I had to wait for 3 hours for the cream to work.

Next they wiped it over again and I had 5 injections, one each side and 3 crossways in my lip, boy did it hurt, meantime I am thinking to myself well thats the pain bit over I shouldnt feel to much from here, boy was I wrong. Next up was the burning light that moved across my lip from side to side slowly, honestly its like being torched the pain is excruciating, this  goes for 8 minutes. After you think you are being real brave gritting your teeth and clenching your hands and thinking to yourself only a few more seconds, the lovely girl says to you, well done Dennis only 5 mins and 20 seconds to go and you just surrender to the pain and think about your next fishing session and about buying that shovel to help put the sunscreen on.

I hope this has encouraged the young ones to cover up and where broard brim hats or neck socks as I would hate for you to go through this.

Dino

P8290013.JPG

Good to describe the experience Dino to serve as a warning to others. Hope you recover asap.

It is hard to educate kids that have their whole lives in front of them, that if you don't cover up then you MAY get skin cancer. They always think it won't happen to them.

After having a melanoma removed from my back when I was 15 years of age, I am very aware of the potential consequences if you don't take precautions. I spoke with my 16yo sons only 2 nights ago about this without any sugar coating it.

Basically I said not to wear tank tops and to wear shirts,hats, sunglasses and sunscreen especially around water. To give them a sense of realism, I asked them to think seriously where would they like to have skin removed the size of a dinner plate from their body to cover the site where the skin cancer was removed.  Their arms, legs, bum etc and to think about the pain of the recovery of both the skin graft and the skin removal site.

And to think of potentially all the things they MAY not get to do if they don't take precautions to minimize the risk. Providing  examples like; would they get the chance to have their first serious girlfriend, get married or have children of their own, and all the other experiences they are looking forward to. Cancer can take all these things away all to quickly and to think that had mine cancer not been caught early (I was younger than them), they may not even exist today.  

It may have been extreme, but it was food for thought and I hope by putting themselves in someones shoes they would take it more seriously then most.

57 minutes ago, Dinodadog said:

I spent a year in Vietnam and had no shirt on for 80% of the time, I was black as charcoal when I come home and soon after had a melanoma removed from my back, just in time. Its probably what done the damage to the rest of me:ausflag::baby:

Dino

That will do it. As they say we live and learn. 

I have heard that the photodynamic treatment is good but very painful.  I hope it heals quickly Dino and was 100% successful. I don't imagine you want to go back for another go. My neighbour had a squamous cell carcinoma removed from her bottom lip and had her lips sewn shut for 5 or 6 weeks with just enough gap for a straw. Not sure I like either of those options.

Archived