General Question On New Rod

Cooper Brown

Hey, 

So i have just purchased a rod from the shimano sentire series rated for 10-15kg. And i'm wondering if that was going to be enough for bottom bashing mainly targeting nannygai and coral trout and others similar to it. I'm going to fit a slammer III 5500 on it with 50lb braid in 30-40m depth. If anyone has any reccomendations for this setup please reply! And would this be to overkill for casting in rivers targeting barra.

Reel - https://www.ottostackleworld.com.au/penn-slammer-iii-spin-reels

2 minutes ago, Cooper Brown said:

So i have just purchased a rod from the shimano sentire series rated for 10-15kg. And i'm wondering if that was going to be enough for bottom bashing mainly targeting nannygai and coral trout and others similar to it. I'm going to fit a slammer III 5500 on it with 50lb braid in 30-40m depth. If anyone has any reccomendations for this setup please reply! And would this be to overkill for casting in rivers targeting barra.

Sounds ideal to me. 50lb is starting to get pretty heavy for casting but will work fine and you will stop any trucks down there :) What is the rod rated for? (its probably in the link but im lazy.... :))

Archived