Bread & Butter Trifecta: Casurina Report 1.

Angus

Well I managed to sneak out for an hour while Alastair was asleep yesterday. Northerly made it really hard to flick plastics but used a few pipis to catch a few worms and converted these into a double trifecta of Casurina bread and butter. 

Probably my pb or close dart as well pushing 45cm. 

Nothing flash but a nice dinner for today. Had to settle for this marinara I made for dinner last night (slowly perfecting this).

20180108_151007.jpg

20180108_193800.jpg

4 hours ago, christophagus said:

Nice Angus. I wouldn't think that pipis have enough scent to get the worms from the sand...then again it would be a worms natural prey given their close proximity

I have caught most my worms on a whim using pipis and I very rarely have a stink bag. They can scent anything from a long way.

Nice haul for a quick session Angus and that feed looks top notch!!  Did you source the shellfish yourself or buy them? Pippies or clams/cockles? I was thinking on my road trip down south that this might be the year we start doing some beach day trips and fish for dart and whiting and that I need to give catching worms a crack - this convinces me!!

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice haul for a quick session Angus and that feed looks top notch!!  Did you source the shellfish yourself or buy them? Pippies or clams/cockles? I was thinking on my road trip down south that this might be the year we start doing some beach day trips and fish for dart and whiting and that I need to give catching worms a crack - this convinces me!!

These were bought mate but the pipis are thick here and I have used them before. Pipis are amazing in pasta but i have had 50/50% luck with purging the sand and there is nothing worse than ruining a good effort to have gritty pasta. I need to perfect this.

13 hours ago, Angus said:

These were bought mate but the pipis are thick here and I have used them before. Pipis are amazing in pasta but i have had 50/50% luck with purging the sand and there is nothing worse than ruining a good effort to have gritty pasta. I need to perfect this.

You need a wire rack to keep them off the bottom and they need to stay in sea water for 2 days. so need aerator and flush the water regularly. A live bait tank can work really well. 

Archived