Has Anyone Used Kastking Superpower Braid ???

Brodie_S

I’ve always stuck to daiwa j braid x8 since it’s cheap $35 for 150m at bcf it’s also very good never had any issues with old or brand new works like a charm . But I’m looking for something much cheaper . I seen this kastking stuff before and have heard good things about it but never had the balls to buy it’s $15-17 for 300m I’m looking for 8lb braid to fill my daiwa legalis LT 2500 I’ve been told that the dye comes off quickly so if I get it I will buy it in white . If anyone’s bought this braid and used it I would like to hear your opinion 

Hi Breaming with bro

I've never used it, but there's only one way to find out if it's good! 

If you want some cheaper braid, I can personally vouch for Pryml. They make good gear, and there braid is very good. I use it on my heavy and light rods. I can fit approx. 150M on a size 1000 Sienna, which is pretty good seeing as though it's ten pound. 

J-braid is a bit to much for my dad just to go splashing out on all the time, hence why we use Pryml. 

Cheers Hamish

9 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Update I checked out the pryml stuff a lot of people say it snaps when casting you might have just got a lucky spool

Hey Breaming with bro

I must say I don't know where they're coming from. The only reason braid would snap on the cast (in my opinion), is if a big leader knot is tied and hits one of the guides (bye, bye, shark rig 😉), or if the bail arm flicks over mid cast and the line snaps. Maybe they got an unlucky spool?

My line doesn't snap when I give it a big cast, and I've still caught half-decent fish on it. There is only one way to find out though if you like it or not, so you may want to give it a try... I don't think I just got a 'lucky spool' either because I have it on my 1000 Sienna, 2500 Shinobi (Diawa), 650 Penn, A crappy Size 5000 Jarvis Walker reel that we've had for five years and still catches fish, and it is soon to be put on my 2500 Nasci 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

It’s like 50-70% of reviews though idk if it’s worth risking $20 And usually when it comes to reviews of braid if one problem is common theme it’s not a good sign I’ll check it out I’ll probably end up buying it I’m gonna take your word for it wish me luck. I’ll either get j braid x4 or the pryml x4 as their both the same price

What braid is $23 for 1km you can’t even buy a km of mono for $23 i never seem braid that cheap lmao .I only care about wind knots diameter and the strength and the overall durability and lack of stretch in braid that’s why I use j braid x8 and ticks all those boxes it’s a cheapish braid which is low in diameter strong doesn’t stretch and doesn’t wind knot . I’m think I’m gonna try the x4 j braid and see how I go I’ve heard it’s not as good as x8 but beggars can’t be choosers 

• 4 months later...

Just seen this post now.  I've used KastKing braid on a few of my rods, one has 10lb and other has 6lb.  Both are in white and seem to be ok.  I have some yellow and green still in the box so not sure about colour fade.  Like most braid I get the odd wind knot, but I'm generally able to clear it up quite quickly.  For the price I'm quite happy.

I had a batch of Powerpro that also snapped on casting, I took some gear with me to Fiji on holidays, out on a charter boat and put on lures and ping, broke off, was not happy did it twice so two lures lost,  grabbed a bit from the reel and gave it a swift tug and ping again. The braid wasn't that old either and hardly used so was not impressed with the quality of it possibly a bad batch but that makes it worse as I paid a lot for it so there shouldn't be a bad batch. I started using cheaper braid and didn't have any more problems.

Yeah I haven’t used PowerPro yet and I don’t plan on it . The braids I’ve liked so far are daiwa j braid X8 and X4 both are really strong no fus excellent cheap braids Atm I’m testing WFT Gliss so far it’s been good but time will tell I have 2 reels spooled with gliss and I’m gonna order 300m of 42lb gliss to go on my sedona 5000 so that will be 3 reels the Sedona will give the line a good test cause I’m mainly using that reel for sharks 🦈 . I’ve also started spraying silicone spray on my line and so far it’s helped with casting distance but my main reason for doing this is to reduce wind knots some people say it reduces wind knots by a long shot . If anyone wants to do this I recommend food grade silicone spray I guess you could try the WD40 silicone spray which I have been using lately but it’s probably not the best stuff .so far I haven’t had any wind knots so I’m quite happy with it and it also doesn’t wreck the line to . Note just make sure you’re not spraying the whole reel to when you’re using it just putting light pressure on the spray can and slowly going around the spool does the job as You don’t want silicone spray on ya reel just on the line 

• 4 weeks later...

Been a Kastking fan for awhile due to its price 🙂 . Cannot justify paying a hundred odd dollars for something i can get faaaaar less in price as just the same quallity in my opinionm that is..

Caught everything from Reds to Big Jew and only time i lost a Fish whilst using it was due to my fault rushing with the knot..

Baught a Kastking reel here  n there but no more as i think they are all left handed where they make them and then have to argue why the sent me the wrong reel etc etc , otherwise i think they make fair quallity fishing products ..

3 hours ago, Volvo said:

Been a Kastking fan for awhile due to its price 🙂 . Cannot justify paying a hundred odd dollars for something i can get faaaaar less in price as just the same quallity in my opinionm that is..

Caught everything from Reds to Big Jew and only time i lost a Fish whilst using it was due to my fault rushing with the knot..

Baught a Kastking reel here  n there but no more as i think they are all left handed where they make them and then have to argue why the sent me the wrong reel etc etc , otherwise i think they make fair quallity fishing products ..

Thanks I’ll stick with gliss and see how that goes other then that I’ve found daiwa J braid x8 to be excellent and the same with X4 both excellent lines

• 3 years later...