abu garcia revo s baitcaster ?

rumrunner

it was my birthday yesterday and my wife braught me a abu garcia ambassedore revo-s baitcaster reel ;)

my problem is that i wanted one with magnetic overspool adjustable drag but instead the revo-s only has a centrifical type setup:huh:

the guy at the shop told her that this settup is better and will cast further, but i am a bit worried about overspooling?

what are your opinions on this reel and do you think i should swap it for one with magnetic overspool protection?

i just braught a rod to match it with my $200 bcf voucher from good old mum!

it is a shimano ian miller designed river raider 6.3ft 1pce line weight 3-6kg lure weight 5-15g

regards Ian

AZZA wrote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE:cheer: should have told us ,we would have got u something ,oh well too late now:silly: maybe next year

thank you;)

i will be on to it next year.

and thanks for the info so far guys!

im still not sure whether to swap it or not?

im trying to get my head around why it is twice the price of the pfluger one i wanted with the magnetic overspool stop?

Keep the Centrifugal one. I've got a Pfluegar President and its got the Centifugal brakes (6 pins) and I can easily cast 4g lures with out a hitch. And depending on the shape of the lure, down to 2.7g atleast.

I tried turnig off all of the brakes once to see if I could get more distance, but I got a birds nest every cast:S. So I put 2 pins on and I was casting as good as always.

The centifugal brakes really do help:).

Personally, I'd keep the one you already have.

Hope this helps:cheer:

Cowfish13 wrote:

Keep the Centrifugal one. I've got a Pfluegar President and its got the Centifugal brakes (6 pins) and I can easily cast 4g lures with out a hitch. And depending on the shape of the lure, down to 2.7g atleast.

I tried turnig off all of the brakes once to see if I could get more distance, but I got a birds nest every cast:S. So I put 2 pins on and I was casting as good as always.

The centifugal brakes really do help:).

Personally, I'd keep the one you already have.

Hope this helps:cheer:

yes it does as allways man;)

im going to keep the revo-s but i need to ask another opinion?

i was thinking of a 4lb or a very small dia line to spool it with, what do you recomend for casting distance and strength and low vis? i will be mainly usind s/p in deeper water like reefs and under warfs ect and would like it to handle a little bream to a 60cm flattie or a nice squire or something with a bit of thump?

they supplied 20lb super braid 0.23dia for free with the reel?:huh:

Hmm. That is a tricky question. Super Braid is really thin for its size, so you could lure Bream on it (with appropriate leader of course), and you would be able to stop big Cod, Flathead and Jacks.

Because you already have it, I'd probably use the 20lb superbraid. But if you were going to buy some thing else for it, I'd use 10-15lb Braid.

Use Braid not GSP (fireline) with a baitcaster as the GSP is a bit stiffer than proper Braids. With proper Braid you'll cast further.

Probably the best line weight for reefs and estauries would be 12lb Braid in my opinion

Plastic Man wrote:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:
braid with REVO S? no, probably another present from ur wife

the braid does come with the reel kevin it is a tackle world exclusive i think i was there when the guy i was working with sold that reel to your wife too man

i hope you wernt perving on my wife man:angry: just kiddin lol :laugh:

i cant really put that 20lb braid on a 3-6kg rod can i?:unsure:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

go varivas maxpower!

I just Googled that and found a site

(http://www.australianangling.com.au/VARIVAS%20INDEX.htm) that said this about it -

Durability of strange dimension which super MAX power PE brings.

VARIVAS GT SMP [ super MAX power ]

The highest peak of GT line. In the MAX power material, it was the weak point of the PE line by administering special coating, abrasion proof efficiency and durability it succeeds in 2 times or more making raise.

Because rectilinear strength is the MAX power material adoption, in comparison with the former PE line approximately 2 ranking rises.

You repeated the actual ã test of 1 year or more to the pile, strength, with all elements which such as durability for the GT line and use impression are needed you finished in the highest level. It is birth of the PE line which destroys common sense of former GT fishing.

* Color: Stealth grey

(At 1 m width, the marking of the navy and pink it is attached to every 25 meters alternately.)

kevinchen1987 would you mind interpreting that for me please:blink:

Archived