Important Changes to bag limits and sizes.

rayke1938

• 5 weeks later...

saltshaker wrote:

yeah bream should be 28cm..even a 25sm brea is a waste of time to keep.

the cobia bag limit was desperately needed.why would you want to keep anymore than 2 or 3 of them..10 was far far too high.

as the same with school mackeral..30 is too many..10 is good.

i actually believe that this was a good over all report..

I've only just noticed this thread in the top threads place.

I agree with everything that they are imposing. But like nearly everyone, I wish Bream was a higher limit. Maybe even a slot limit like Dan thought.

I also strongly agree with everything that Saltshaker said. He practically read my mind:). Especially the bag limit on School Mackerel.

This'll also bump this thread up so we can have some more discussion on the matter:)

I agree with Pinkey when it comes to threadies, smallest 60cms and not over 110 with a bag limit of one or two per person, if you've skinned a fillet off one of these meter plus guys you'll realise you've a heck of a good feed on your hands. With threadies in perticular we dont know a great deal about thier habits in brissy yet, they are still relitivly new to the system and no one seems to know why there here in regards to breeding and so on, and although most of us are responsable fisho's I have seen a heck of a lot of blokes targeting these guys in the last few months. My fav spot was lucky two have another bloke there on any given morning, now there are 7 or 8 boats dragging lures through it, this is ok, everyone wants a go, but introducing bag limits is a good way to buy time to study while we work it out.. Sorry if I changed the subject a bit.

yeah i couldnt agree more, The threadys have been worked out now and there just sitting ducks! i reckon many big breeders are being taken every week, ive heard all the ones over 115 are pregnant females, and there the ones most being taken its a real shame. Sure take one around 60 - 100 but if you realy want a feed i say go target some flatties or whiting not such an awsome sports fish. Just my opinion.

Archived