Clear Water Bassing.

FishingCrazy

One thing I found fishing holly body frogs and soft plastic frogs for snake head overseas is you can't set the hook right away. You need to dip your rod tip for a second or two and then set the hook. 

That might increase your hook up rate on those surface lures. 

But there's something that's just so exciting about surface fishing, it beats regular lure fishing any day. 

45 minutes ago, Bob9863 said:

One thing I found fishing holly body frogs and soft plastic frogs for snake head overseas is you can't set the hook right away. You need to dip your rod tip for a second or two and then set the hook. 

That might increase your hook up rate on those surface lures. 

But there's something that's just so exciting about surface fishing, it beats regular lure fishing any day. 

Thanks for the tips mate, very much appreciated, I will give the wait a second or two advise a go and see if that improves the hook up rate. It's hard not to strike as they hit though, a second or two will feel like half an hour.😅

It's one of those things that some days nearly every strike connect and some days you miss most of them. 

26 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Feel the serenity ! Very nice.

Some feisty bass to top off a good over-nighter.

There's something about camping next to a river like this as the suns going down, the frogs and bird noises are so loud, you feel totally relaxed and at peace. Any worries in life are gone and all you can think of is how good the arvo has been and are as excited as a kid on xmas eve for what the fishing will bring in the morning. 

17 hours ago, FishingCrazy said:

Thanks for the tips mate, very much appreciated, I will give the wait a second or two advise a go and see if that improves the hook up rate. It's hard not to strike as they hit though, a second or two will feel like half an hour.😅

It's one of those things that some days nearly every strike connect and some days you miss most of them. 

We all get those days, I've missed 7 good trout hits in a day before, good solid hits and even hooked them for 5-10 seconds, only to get spat. 

It's bloody frustrating sometimes, but on the good days all that goes away. And in country like that I don't think you could have a bad day anyway, that's a magical looking area right there.