Iluka on the clarence

Confused

Well to get out of this wind me and the profish ran down to iluka on the clarence river for a few days of non stop fishing,

Got there at late arvo and went straight out to the rock wall for a spot of tailor off the rocks hooked up to approx 8 2-4 kg shovelnose's ,No tailor:( still goood action,

Awoke the next morn to launch the yak at browns rocks and first stop was a flick of an sx40 around some pilons, landed 5 legal bream, Loving this allready.

Paddled over to an island just for a break and a food stop and beer , When through the middle of the channel both trolled SX40 and 48 went off on chopper tailor, stayed drifting for an hour just having a blast, finnally got to the island and flicked more land based around sunken tyres and logs picked up 4-5 nice 40-50 cm flatheads and several bream,

Again that night back to the rock wall and i landed my pb bream went 40cm, what a fight, not much else that night got snapped off alot on the rocks,

Next morn pumped about 50 yabbies and headed for the mouth again to have a beach session and with a huge crowd of regular beach goers we were showing off and landed 10-12 bream 3 flatties 4 good size dart and 8-10 great whiting, All and all was a great few days on the clarence, recomend it to anyone.

[img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/pb_40_cm_bream1.jpg

i only had my phone which takes a bad shot what waterproof camera would u guys recomend?

post-954-144598437795_thumb.jpg

Dinodadog wrote:

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself down there, I enquired about staying at Yamba and it was about 110 dollars for quite periods , a bit out of my price range.[i,ll keep looking]

Dino

Yeah dino well depends on where and what your fishing interests are mate, Yamba is slightly more popular than iluka,So id say more expensive so i stayed in a caravan park at browns rocks (its approx 10 mins drive to the township) had to pay $34 for 2 nights and all i did is roll out my swag, Next time ill just drive out onto the beach and roll it out there i think.

rayke1938 wrote:

Used to stay at browns rocks caravan park years ago from memory they had unique way of launching boats just slid them down two poles into water.

Excellent bream in winter.

Cheers

Ray

[img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/stick_launch.jpg lol stick yak launchs awesome :laugh:

post-954-144598437816_thumb.jpg

my mate did at first and went ass up:laugh: :laugh: so the profish was delicatly lowered.. and brian i'd love to post more photo's however im working on getting a waterproof digital camera, ill be sure to post as many pics of my tweed river adventure next week.

Archived