Best way to clean a cast net.

Woodlaz

Just wondering about the best way to conserve water and clean the mono net thoroughly. I generally wack the net up over the clothes line and spray it quickly with the hose, but i feel guilty about the water restrictions (i am renting and dont have a tank). I am asking this because the last 2 times i pulled the net out of the bucket and it has the strong off fishy smell.

I have heard of people filling a bucket and adding something to it, then dumping the net in there for a few hours but it buggers me what that something is (bleach/baking soda, i have no idea). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Woody

Use some fabric conditioner in a bucket of water not only does it clean the net it softens the mono and makes it easier to throw.

I only use the fabric conditioner every 4 th trip just usually pick out the small bits of fish etc and give the net a quick hose and then let it dry in the shade and have no problems with pong.

Cheers

Ray

I usually just fill up the bucket that it comes with. Put the net in and push it in and out a few times then change the water in the bucket and repeat then leave it in the shade to dry.

The bucket is small so you only use a couple of litres. Make sure the net and bucket are completely dry. Ive never had any trouble with it smelling only when it is put away when it isnt dry.

Awesome ideas fellas, Thanx alot. I think maybe where i went wrong was the drying part, perhaps i didnt wait long enough.

The bucket dipping and then the fabric softener sounds like the way ill go.

The part about drying it in the shade, is that because the sun ruins the mono quicker?

Cheers

Woody

Archived