fishin the pine river

brado

Me and ma mate went to the upper part of the pine river round 10. We were planin to get our bait from ma always trust werthy cast net?. neway i got lik 15 5cm herring, 2 gient boney bream which were lik 20-30cm and a few prawns. i started off with a small herring and casted the guy out a few minutes later i hear a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound and i was on to a monster head shakes n all on 10lb mono. about 3 minutes i got the monster catty to shore measured 64cm and 3kgs! got som pics to. after that we pulled in a further 4 catties and i was gettin a bit anoyed of how many we were gettin so knowing me i throw on one of the 20cm boney breams so one of the stupid catties cant swollow the thing.

I left it out there alive 4 around an 30min and then i started to get huge hits i was amazed so after about 10 or so big bites i hav it a huge yank but to no avail so i brang it in n wht followed it made me pumped it was a pike eel! round 1.2m it just came to the surface after ma boney bream. I then pulled ma poor bream up onto the bank and to no surprise the guy was dead and had huge gashes in the side of it:laugh: so i got it out there straight away in the same spot. around 5 minutes after i got it out there i started to get the same bites as last time so i put ma drag on heaps and let the stupid thing eat it down. a bit later it hit it hard and ran so i yanked the prik i plled it in and yeh it was the same pike eel :blink: so i realiesd the guy.

we had hours left and the tide was still comin in so it got out a 80lb trace with som size 6 hooks and threw a 30+ cm boney bream out there next to dead it was. It was out there 4 ages probable 2 hours and then alll of a sudden the drag ran lik out lik never be4 i was amazed i quickly grabed ma rod and tighten the drag and gav it a casual yank but the prick and droped/spat it. i was pissed so i brang it in n there was a very unique bite outta it which was 100% a bull shark. it took half the bloody bream in a clean mouth shaped cut. that was bout all for the day.

ill b headin bak to that spot soon

Post edited by: brado, at: 2006/09/30 17:51

brado wrote:

we had hours left and the tide was still comin in so it got out a 80lb trace with som size 6 hooks and threw a 30+ cm boney bream out there next to dead it was. It was out there 4 ages probable 2 hours and then alll of a sudden the drag ran lik out lik never be4 i was amazed i quickly grabed ma rod and tighten the drag and gav it a casual yank but the prick and droped/spat it. i was pissed so i brang it in n there was a very unique bite outta it which was 100% a bull shark. it took half the bloody bream in a clean mouth shaped cut. that was bout all for the day.

ill b headin bak to that spot soon<br><br>Post edited by: brado, at: 2006/09/30 17:51

This time try a 2nd hook in the other end of your bait, attached with a 6\" wire trace from you leader. Stops the \"bite the wrong end \" problem.

Top stuff boys, it always hurts pulling a bait in then finding shark damage on it!:pinch: But there is always next time:)

Curious with your livies. Do you fish surface or the bottom? I've heard a lot of debate on the subject but seem to get results either way.

Cheers

ps - I bet there will be a FLOOD of bullies caught by BRC members soon, the weather is getting warmer and warmer:cheer:

oh, and where are the pics boys? the best fishing tales aways have picsB)

Archived