Which Sounder

Rayzor

Hi fellow AFO goers,

I am interested in buying a sounder for my Hobie Outback and Possibly a second for my Son's (Fishyman) Profish.

My question is, What are your opinions on some of the sounders out there? which are the good brands/models and which should i stay away from. i do not really have a price bracket at the moment as i havnt really thought about it to much as of yet.

Also, is it worth looking int getting a GPS aswell wether it be included in the sounder or wether its a seperate unit?

If you could include information about the particular unit and an approximate price that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Ray

mate i have bought a hummingbird pirahna max 15 dual beam for my profish, you can get them off ebay new pretty cheap i payed under 200 landed for mine from memory i think about $160. good picture for the price BCf has them running on display all the time if ya look will see what the picture is like, there is a 210 and 200 but not as clear and beam isnt as wide.

I had an Eagle Cuda 240i Combo unit in my tinny until a plug that was crumbling away caused it to short out. I found it to be pretty good. The GPS was handy occasionally but not really a necessity for the sort of fishing I was doing.

The main thing to look for is the amount of vertical pixels as the more there is the more definition in the sounder readings. Most people will have a favourite brand and most brands will have something to suit. Personally I would set a budget and find the best sounder that will do what you want within that budget.

Archived