Kayak trip, Sunday 15th June destination unknown

username_taken

since the charter has been cancelled I want to take the kayak out to somewhere reasonably sheltered from the wind who's keen. My initial thoughts are somewhere like the following:-

* Nudgee Creek / Schultz Canal

* Brissie river ( around fig tree pocket, or up in the fresh @ fernvale )

* Wivenhoe

* Stanley

* anywhere else out of the wind

Cowfish13 wrote:

I wouldn't reccomend Shultz Canal. The wind can make it hard to get back to the ramp

Agreed, If its a southerly/westerly wind then it can push you out hard if its a northerly/easterly then u will get pushed in, It is a very hard paddle in 20knot winds.

fishyman wrote:

how badly do you think the river near colmslie would be affected?

if i can get out of study for a bit i really want a snapper. around those pylons ando mentioned in Beefa's last post sound tempting

I spoke to a few guys the other day when I was there in the yak who work in the sheds along the river they said its been pretty quiet lately. I/ve been doing alright along that stretch on the bream and flatty's.

I was thinking about doing a stealthy mission and launch just on dusk and peddle in uhder neath the terminal amongst the pylons with some SP's and a few livies and see if we get any interest

Heath

Heard from a mate today that the stanley is still very dirty id give it another week or so before hitting it. Its a pitty wild bass are out of the question atm, could have recommended a couple of good spots out of the wind. Mate u could always give Ewen a crack if yah get a fish it will be a Stonka

Lee

Paul, fishing wise I would say Wivenhoe is your best bet.

Wind wise, dunno

Stanley probably needs a while to settle (guessing -maybe not who knows)

I'd say Fernvale is the same

Wivenhoe probably hasnt' changed at all

I'm keen for a yak -

I'm thinking about Ewen maddock dam, I want a pb TOGA

Archived