Brisy River

Brian D

Worked hard but didn't get prizes. Score 1 taylor 2 catties 3 shovels

Sorry My home PC is pig like at the moment so here's a few more details from my office PC.

We started early about 3.30am - chasing live bait but between the two of us (Terry & BD) and 2 different jeties we only had 1 live prawn. :(

So we stopped at the Gateway Bridge for about 30mins for nothing but a jelly fish - good one Terry! Decided that one jelly fish was enough so we up anchor, heading down to the mouth.

Trolled a 6\" SP swim tail, a 50mm metal spinner and a River Rat 20+. The little Tailor grabbed the HB, right where we saw the school on the sounder, near the pilons of a shipping terminal. We should have gone back for more but we kept heading to thr mouth.:blush:

We poked the bow out side the river mouth but with the SSE winds blowing at about 25knots I thought better then a day getting pounded on the bay so I turned tail and came back inside the river. Sorry Terry but I wanted to make sure I had a boat (and life) for Awoonga.:ohmy:

Stopped at the poo shoot for about 1/2hr but I didn't feel comfortable so we moved about a k further up river to an open spot. Plenty of burley later 2 catties and 3 shovels but no sharkies.:angry:

We got feed up with the rubbish so we headed back towards the shipping terminals where we threw the SP's around only hooking pillons and shipping ropes but no fish. Terry got a couple of little hits but no hook ups.:pinch:

Overall a bit of fun but proberly a bit of a let down for Terry but blame the BRC weather factor. At least we didn't get flooded.:whistle:

[img size=456]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/terry.jpg

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/10/30 07:35

post-118-144598402192_thumb.jpg

LOL!

Yeah, I haven't caught a shovelnose yet:( I'm certainly not counting that as I didn't do any of the work. Next time Brian, you can have the other side of the boat!

The tailor was well and truly legal! However, wasn't that the lone fish that was on the fish finder? I'm sure we went past and saw something at about 22ft, then as your lure went over it you got a hookup.

Brian: I'm sure that catty was still kicking!

There some great catches!

Reminds me of the time I went shark fishing off the big bridge that goes to Redcliffe.

I had my boat rod set up with a kg of meat on 3 gain hooks, nothing touched it for hours. In my boredom I was watching my mate catch little fish for fun and I decided I'll have a go too.

I took out my lite rig with a little prawn and first cast I'm onto the biggest and best fighting fish I have ever hooked, a Shovel nose shark the fight to bring him in lasted about 5mins(snapped my line when I tried to haul him onto the bridge) my guess he would of been around 1.5m long tip to tip and 4kg-ish.

You know what Terry - On reflexion you may be right - I don't realy remember but next time we see those bait schools we should hit em a bit harder with spinners, lures and SP's.

Having a boat means it should take us to the fish not to drive away from the fish like I did. Dur:pinch:

Terry about the 3 x shovels - At least I put mine back alive! How's your cattie?

hahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahah:woohoo:

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/10/30 08:50

Brian, my catty went back alive. It was your catty that you hit with that... spanner? Look at the photo above, my catty was the smaller one, remember? The bigger one has a bashed head! We let the smaller one go (which was mine) and I started hacking open the bigger one - since you smashed its head.

Btw Brian, hows the carpet?

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/10/30 09:00

Lokenfold wrote:

There some great catches!

Reminds me of the time I went shark fishing off the big bridge that goes to Redcliffe.

I had my boat rod set up with a kg of meat on 3 gain hooks, nothing touched it for hours. In my boredom I was watching my mate catch little fish for fun and I decided I'll have a go too.

I took out my lite rig with a little prawn and first cast I'm onto the biggest and best fighting fish I have ever hooked, a Shovel nose shark the fight to bring him in lasted about 5mins(snapped my line when I tried to haul him onto the bridge) my guess he would of been around 1.5m long tip to tip and 4kg-ish.

I rekon that a 1.5m Shovel nosed shark would be heavier than 4kg. 6-8 probably

TerryH wrote:

At least mine was on 15!:|

But mine was bigger so I needed the extra strength!:P

By the way - If anyone see's a pink River Rat 20+ floating in the River it's mine - how it got lost, ask Terry?

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/11/01 16:11

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/11/01 16:11

Man, I'm dead serious. I sent you that message as soon as I found it. The hooks are in good shape too, no sign of rust.

and of course you can have it back, next time we meet up.

Cameron's Rocks are just down from the mouth of brekky. Near those boats next to the road!

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/11/01 19:34

Archived