Breaky Creek Saturday night boat fishing Salmon

Nitris

Got to Breaky Cr mouth about 5pm. After getting some perfect sized herring in the cast net up the creek, we also got onto a baby salmon :woohoo: (i could be wrong). But this is a good sign of how healthy they are in the river. we had 4 rods in between us all with live herring on. 2 rods with heavy sinker, 1 with very small sinker and last one free bait.

First ben caught a pike eel. Taunted me said he was one up. So after not too long I catch a bigger pike eel. Ok were even B) . Prolly another hour went past till Ben has something with a bit of weight behing it on the line, turns out to be a sweet dusky flathead at 45cm's perfect eating size. I released a 65cm version of this fish a few weeks back so we thought we would keep this guy. Moved a bit after that up the river a few hundred meters. Tried 2 spots there. Plenty on the sunder but nothing on our rods. Decided it was time to go home and get something to eat. Got back to boat ramp like 930pm.

All in all Ben ( user name Planetfonz ) beat me 2 to 1. But is ok as i beat him on Friday arvo 2 to 1 on sp B) [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC02720__400_x_300_.jpg

post-3112-144598462437_thumb.jpg

Good sesh mate , sounds like you boys ahd a good night of it.

yeah those little salmon are cute little fellas ey...

I actualy caught one off the Gunn Jetty at Manly in my cast net a month back.

Regards

EDIT: yeah just re read it, you might have an anchovie there, the tail doesnt look quite right either and it seems to only have one dorsal on its back.

There are a lot of anchovies in the river at the moment and they are actually very good Threadie bait as livies.

But I could be wrong because the nose looks like a Threadie..

Regards

kriso wrote:

sorry to break your pride but i think that may be a anchovie, baby threadies even at that size do have distinguished threads coming off them.

either way, if it is a anchovy i will defently use it as bait.. the head is what gave me the idea salmon. :silly:

fishyman wrote:

where you guys still there around 8pm?

we drove past goign to newstead to try and get ash onto some fish, and we saw a few guys in a tinny at the mouth

Yeh id say it was us fishyman. we were the only people out there in a boat. Execpt for that gondla that came past a few times.. the flatty was caught on the side of the creek mouth closest to kingsfordsmith drive. Its a 20hp yamaha 375 stacer, with a electric motor on the bow.. hard to c in the dark i guess. B) Feel free to give us a hoy if u c us.

Archived