Shultz Canal Report

Keechie

hi everyone, at about 4:30 i took a ride down to about halfway down to nudgee to look for a few fishing spots without a rod and i have decided to post a report on it.

This afternoon was full of surface action down at shultz, the most surface action was from the motorway down to the first footbridge. There were alot of small mullet about max 15cm jumping out of the water getting chomped by some big bream and what looked like tailor. my usual spot was firing with little baitfish being chased by bream around 25-30cm. A rare sight for me this afternoon was watching a school of big mullet getting chased by a decent sized shark as you could see the dorsal fin. The water is very clear at the moment as i could see a fair bit of action occuring just below the surface without my sunnies. although if making your way around here in your boat is the plan watch out for all the floating debrie. there was quite a number of floating logs around and they were the type you don't want to hit with your prop. By the looks of it the bream were schooling up along the drop-offs so hitting there with vibes and plastics should produce a few fish.

I hope you enjoyed the read, unfortuantely no photo's as i left the camera at home and my phone is stuffing up.

nic

Archived