noosa river advice

flathead

Well im heading up to noosa on tuesday with the family till thursday. Staying at a resort near the river so im going to be doing alot of lure flicking for mostly bream but also flattys and trevally species and anything els. I havent fished the noosa river before so im wondering if you guys could give us a bit on advice on spots and and lure selection.

thanks Callum

Leighton wrote:

Woods Bay, munna Pt Bridge

Good advice. Also there is a path around the mouth of rver that heads back up river. Last time i was there (which was recently) my dad and I caught lots of Bream and a couple of flathead there.

Cheers.

Angus

Malcolm wrote:

Quick hijack, Jeff spinners as in Bass spinner baits?

spinners in this instance would be spinning with slugs i would hazard a guess at... halco twisties are the go for tailor, trevally and even the odd flathead in the shallows. flathead - if you try this method go pretty quick for the tailor and trevs, a fair bit slower if spinning for flatties so the lure stays down near the bottom. good luck!

Angus wrote:

Leighton wrote:

Good advice. Also there is a path around the mouth of rver that heads back up river. Last time i was there (which was recently) my dad and I caught lots of Bream and a couple of flathead there.

Cheers.

Angus

and last time I went past there in a boat that was a nudie beach:huh:

please explain:blush:

Leighton wrote:

Angus wrote:
Leighton wrote:

Cheers.

Angus

and last time I went past there in a boat that was a nudie beach:huh:

please explain:blush:

That must be where you catch white pointers and knobbies:P :laugh:

Archived