[RESOLVED] Spelling on this Site

AFO

hi everyone, just a petty complaint.

I know its a forum, and some people write in shorthand, but please remember this is a forum catering for all age groups of people, so can you please keep your posts clean, no slandering other members, and please think about spelling.

Thanks everyone!

The reason being, with shorthand and poor spelling i have been told by some members it is hard to understand the posts, without rereading them several times over. I am just trying to make the site accommodating to all our members :)

As a fellow admin i agree.

Im not saying all teh posts have to be perfect, because i know i make enough typos myself. But just a little more care can make the reading of these forums a lot smoother and be more user frieldly for a larger spectrum of users.

Cheers.

Angus.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Big Dave, I think you just proved how you have 400+ posts. :P

:laugh:

If you forgot to mention something in your first post, why not EDIT that post instead of making a second post. There's almost nothing I hate more than multiple posts.

I think there's a few things that could be done by people to improve the readability of the forums. Spelling is one, multiple posts is another.

Edit: I forgot to put an emoticon in.

Please note, a couple of people have done this

well terry, Mine computer frooze and i click ctrl alt delete to unfreeze the other program i was in and then for some weird reason it posted it 3 times so insted of having the same message i edited the 2 extra ones. I would have got you to delete them but i didnt think it was that big of an issue.

dave

Lol, Don't take it personally man. But you're not the only one I've noticed who has posted multiple times before. And I can't fix it up in this section. I'm only in Fishing and Fishing Reports :)

Dave, I'm just pointing out that there have been occasions when there has been a post, then a couple of minutes later another separate post by yourself, which wasn't an edited double post. By that I mean, not like what you were referring to up above in which you triple posted, then edited each post to contain something different.

Its not that easy my parents both work, so they cant just pick me up and take me fishing plus i cant just go to the local creek, cause theres nothing in there durring the winter months. Also i work heaps on week ends. So i cant go on weekends. next year ill be fishing and cheffing nothing else.

dave

Archived