Cabbage Tree Creek 12/7/08

Rocket75

As planned I went for a quick casting session at C.T.C. Sandgate this morning on the low tide.

Armed with my new Mojiko outfit and a slection of lures, I rocked up to the carpark and was putting on the waders when Kiwifisho (Dean) intoduced himself. We headed down to the water's edge and started casting our SPs.

Before too long we are joined by Confused (Craig) and the three of us are standing there throwing bits of plastic into the water in the vain hope that there is a suicidal fish nearby:silly:

Craig was the first to strike, hooking a nice little flatty right at his feet in knee deep water. The fiesty little fella (the flathead!) released himself before we could get a happy snap, but we were encouraged by this sign of life and continued to flog the channel edge for the next hour with only touches and swipes, but no hook-ups. By the feel of it, there were a lot of small bream and or toadfish playing with us.

Mangler (Matt) and his playful pooch Beanie came for a visit too.

Beanie was keen on chasing our lures, despite the threat of a treble through the upper lip:P

Mindful of Dan's advice, I tied on a Halco Twisty 15g Silver Slug and second cast it was belted by a little Tailor. My first ever Tailor on a slug:woohoo:

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/cabbage_tree_120608.jpg

I can think of worse ways to christen my new outfit!

After a picture and some quiet time in the shallows for recovery, he made his way back to the channel to become flathead fodder.

The tide started chugging back in and the wind was picking up...that was all the action for the morning.

It was great to meet some new faces, thanks for coming down fellas. Maybe next time we can get a few more fish.

post-953-144598464734_thumb.jpg

well it was an eventful morning good to meet yas, I threw a few more casts around the old trawlers closer to the ramp only to lose all 4 of my 1/8 jig heads loaded with a 4" pumpkinseed minnow to some aggressive suckers close to the boat, did'nt even get a look at them i guess thats what expected with 4lb line. Craig..;)

TerryH wrote:

nice looking outfit there rod, what you got?

It's the Mojiko Tournament 6'4" 4-12lb MJBS64ML matched with a MJ3000 3+1BB.

This is one of the combos that Anaconda Logan donated as prizes for the Winter Camp.

So far (first use today), the rod feels quite good. Nice and responsive with a light tip and fast action. The reel is smooth and well finished. Once I get some good line on it, I reckon it will be my favourite light lure outfit.

Quality...only time will tell, but initial impressions are positive.

I'm sure one of the Anaconda boys will know how much they normally sell for if anyone wants to check them out.

I'll have it at the Bream and Snapper comp, and hopefully it will catch me a few bigguns!

Rocket

Rocket ; Thats the same rod as mine,I matched mine with a "Diawa Revos 3000" Great outfit and with some Mojiko 10lb Braid it'll handle most fish. :)

I've landed some good size squire and flatties not to mention the bass. ;)

Will give it a try tomorrow at Raby Bay, need a fishin fix :woohoo: sick of unpacking :angry:

Archived