which trev?

James W

just to throw another name out there - white trevally. they are probably the most common one caught in the bay (unless you are funfisher...) and fight hard. very similar to silver trevally, slightly different dorsal fin structure.

either or, they are both good on the chew as well. bleed and ice straight away and they are great on the barbie.

no dramas mate, we found a school of them off the cape one day when i was out with jordan and we caught about 100 of them. bloody good little fighters. anything over about 30cm you get a resonable fillet off (no size/bag limit in Qld), they grow to about 50cm and 2kg in local waters. where'd you find that one in the bay if you don't mind me asking? i usually find them over in the trench near moreton.

Cowfish13 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is a Silver. It's got the correct body shape and colouration of the fins. Silver's are pretty common in the bay

Here's a picture of a Bludger:) He grunted heaps with no help:D haha [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PICT0014_AFO-6cba594d01904a521ad54ea56d643df4.jpg

Definitely a Silver Trevally.

Cowfish, the Trevally you are holding is a Longnose Trevally.

The Frenz.

Archived