Shornecliffe and Nundah Creek 22/7

tomca

Nice, warm and midday high tide had me thinking nice day for a yak. I scored a Hummingbird sounder for $140 the other day so wanted to try it out.

I launched at the mouth of Cabbage Tree Creek and trolled a SX60 out into the bay and foul hooked whiting one after the other and no other interest.

By 2pm the wind and chop picked up so I trolled a jackall to Nundah Creek and more foul hooked whiting:unsure: and then a toadfish:angry: to break the monotony.

I changed to a 4" minnow in pumpkinseed and trolled it up Nundah creek with no interest.

I found a deepish hole at the mouth of a little creek and anchored. My second cast and I'm on to a 35cm flattie then 2 smaller in quick sucession.

Moved further upstream and pulled up on a sandy beach and flicked plastic up and down. 2 more small flathead and then busted off by a stingray.

The tide was really moving out by now so I drifted back castng at likely spots and by this stage the toadfish were depleteing my plastic supply.

Got to the mouth of Nundah Creek and trolled the SX60 back to the boat ramp and dropped a 40ish cm tailor next to the yak:blink:

All in all a great arvo on the water but no decent size fish today. And the new sounder works a treat [img size=160]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/sx60.jpg

post-1039-144598466172_thumb.jpg

Archived