Kedron Brook Floodway 11-11-06

Angus

Well the as Promised the Mrs and I headed down to Nudgee to try for a shark in the Kedron Brook Floodway. We were joined as well by Julia, Ash, Samara, Geroge, Timbo and Terry. I baited up my lines with some fillets and deployed them ASAP. Then i went to have a couple of throws of the cast net. To my utter dissapointment after many casts,(and a lot more by Timbo) nothing live bait worthy could be had. Oh well i thought something might still take my dead baits as there are a lot of small bullies and rays in this body of water.

After about 1 hour and not hit, i deceided to try casting a hard body on my light set up for a bit of practice. Good idea :) On my second cast my 50mm Bibless berkley lure gets nailed by somethign decent! After a good fight (i had the drag pretty loose due to the very light gear) i managed to beach a nice 56 cm Flathead. Dinner! My luck at catching this fish was emphasised when upon picking him up the leader broke and he spat the lure! To little to late old mate.

Over the duration of the night very little else happened. Ash did catch a small pike eel on some dead mullet and Samara had an unidentified big hit. Oh and terry impressed the ladies by rowing out a large mullet bait in the hope of a better shark, but it was not to be.

Oh well, i just happy that i only have to drive 20mins from my new place for some good Flathead fishing :)

Good fishing.

Angus [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Scenery.jpg

post-63-144598402613_thumb.jpg

Mick wrote:

It's a Mullet Party... :woohoo: :silly:

:blush:

Looks like a nice spot ... is it lit at night... are there BBQ swings etc??<br><br>Post edited by: Mick, at: 2006/11/13 11:51

hey Mick, are the swings in case you get bored of the fishing??:whistle:

:side: just kidding mate B)

Its a good sized mullet you kids had, pitty nothing grabbed it, that would have been some good entertainment:woohoo:

Archived