Macintyre Brook

Aaron H

Well I finally got to head out west for my bush camping trip with the missus, we ended up at Whetsone weir about ten minutes out of Inglewood. After packing the car Friday night we left at four in the morning on Saturday only to find out that I forgot to pack the cookinggear after I reached Eight Mile Plains, so after a slight detour back to Belmont we were on our way again. First stop off was Warwick and it was here that the missus decided to tell me that she forgot the digital camera, definitely no turning around from there. Got to the spot about 8 o clock and found out how much of a city dog my rottweiler cross cattle dog is. After being greeted by a mob of cattle the dog promptly turrned around and ran back to the car, what a relief to know this brave dog guards my house every day :angry: . Anyway camp was set up and the rods were cast in and the beers were opened. Only one problem someone forgot to tell the fish I just drove 300kms for a weekend of yellowbelly, cod and carp. So with very little fish being caught the beers flowed more freely and the next thing i know I wake up with the sun baring down onme burning me to a crisp (ouch still hurts). So after a fishless day it was a plan to get up at sunrise and have another crack at them. With the first two casts came two undersize yellowbelly on live shrimp but after that nothing. Oh well at least I found a really good spot that I will take the tinny to next time as some great structure there that u cant get at from a boat. and I think I might ease up on the grog to.

Mate a Yella is a yella :)

Nothing wrong with sitting back with some brews if the fish are not biting either mate.

So it is a place you would head back to hey?

I would love to check out some of those random western locations.

I bet you could find pockets that are relatively pristine.

Angus

I am spewing I didn't take the tinny, there is easy bankside launching for small boats and that would give you some excellent access, was having a chat to one of the farmers and he has seen some monster cod pulled out, so definitely going back in a month probably around Christmas time (still got to try and swing that by the missus though;) )

Archived