Fishing injuries

BIG DAVE 1

Was fishin once with the Mrs, the father in law and the sister in law. Got snagged on something, as it was dark and couldnt find knife i tightened the drag and attempted to snap the 30lb line. Big mistake!!!!:whistle: Line snapped just below the swivel, 1 ball sinker came rocketing out of the water at about 490 Km/H i smashed into the sister in laws face. :woohoo: Broke her nose, 2 black eyes, and a crushed sinus cavity that required surgery to fix!... That was 3 years ago...She has only recently started to talk to me again!!! Me and the father in law have a laugh about it every once in a while!:woohoo: :woohoo:

When i was 12 me my dad and my dads mate went fishing in lake burley griffen in canberra. i threw my rod back to cast but it got stuck, i thought i had clipped a tree so i pulled it harder only to hear someone screaming at me to stop. i turned around and realised i hooked my dads mate threw the nose:ohmy: not joking the barb on the hook went threw his nose he got it out but there was alot of blood looking back at it now its preety dam funny:laugh:

Earlier this year i was fishing under the indro bridge on my school holidays and i stood on a broken bottle someone had thrown off the bridge. I was cast netting of the bank wearing thongs and the bottle was all covered in sand. anyway i ended up having to spend 3 days in hospital cause the bottle messed up the tendons in my foot pretty bad. Made i good story when i got back to school on crouches though:P , unlucky i didnt get a fish though,,,,,

Well...carried a few ofthese in my time, almost as many as I've inflicted on others!tls26's tale puts me in mind of the time I had a similar mis-cast and yanked a treble clean through my little brothers lip (I was 9 at the time, he was 6, I didn't sit down for a week after 'cos to gt to bro's lip it had first taken a chunk out of Dad's hand:whistle: ). Always reckoned that a decent fishing injury should leave good visible scar material...the head I gashed on the boat a few weeks ago has healed nicely, leaving a decent scar which will become more visible with age (read: receding hairline).

Archived