Leighton

terranora broadwater oyster racks hold some nice bream. as do the flats. magroves and rock ledges produce the odd cod and jack with bream being the mainstay.

Cobaki broadwater has some semi decent cod and flatties, also cobaki creek has plenty of hairtail. the odd jack in the creek aswell.

Trevs, rockwalls and bridges, jacks, rockwalls, bridges, snags, marina/canals, bream, almost anywhere!. Tweed sure does hold a heck of alot of those 3 species and is known to hold some of the biggest jacks in qld. Also just look for eddys around fast current, usualy a trev hotspot.

Leighton,

Looks like you and I might be fishing the same areas for similar species (except the offshore stuff as I don't have the boat for it!).

The Tweed is a funny river as it can fire some times and be shut down others. Some of the better spots (without giving away too many secrets ;) ) are the weed beds in front of the golf course (Flatties and Bream), main river in front of the Hospital during Spring (Flatties - but easy to loose a bit of tackle), Fingal rock wall (Cod, Bream, etc) and the two outer rock walls (Bream and Trevors). The Jack spots are more of a closely guarded secret but concentrate of bridges, rock walls and submerged rock bars if you can find any.

Just remember that Estuary Cod are totally protected in NSW so must be released.

Good chance I will run into you (not literally) on the water soon.

Marty

There is alot of good spots for fish down in the tweed, if i could remeber the spots i would tell you but i have only fished there once about a year ago with one of the locals. Alot of the rockwalls hold tonnes of flatty's and bream eith the odd trevally and jack you just have to look for bait being smashed and boils on the surface to find them, btw in summer down the tweed is good for whiting on poppers;). i know like none of this helps but yeah.

thanks again lads

Yeah Marty, I know there are plenty of secret spots around, hope to find a few myself

Keep an eye out for the white Tinnie with AFO stickers on it, oh and the deckie looking for the red hot Jack snags

will have to catch up for a fish [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/deckie_AFO.jpg

post-2505-144598471744_thumb.jpg

Ive fished mainly more towards the muwullimbah stretch for bream and bass have come across some jacks at the condong sugar mill and towards stotts island.but the gravel patch is worth a look just before boyds bay bridge along kennedy drive for some good bream and towards the mouth near the rock wall and jack evans boat harbour for mixed bag. hope that helps

Leighton wrote:

thanks again lads

Yeah Marty, I know there are plenty of secret spots around, hope to find a few myself

Keep an eye out for the white Tinnie with AFO stickers on it, oh and the deckie looking for the red hot Jack snags

will have to catch up for a fish [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/deckie_AFO.jpg

grat pic of your staffy in the boat by the way my 2 love going out but have not taken them in a while.Looks like you have added a couple things to the boat:)

Archived