Live bait

Smiderman

Recently picked up a 11 foot nylon cast net and feel game enough after a few hours in the back yard to get the thing wet.

Did a search of the forum and it seams that the poo pipe (thanks Planet fonz) is the way to go if launching from the fishermans island ramp

Are there any finer location tips with respect to the poo pipe other than the general location poo pipe out there to assist a newbie

Only been there once and but there where a few land based guys fishing there, so I chickened out.:unsure: How p155ed off do they get when you move with a cast net???

Is there a time of the tide that provides better results than other? ie gutters low tide & flats on high tide??

Any other locations close to the ramp too is possible

ps I wont have the luxury of someone to keep the boat straight etc which Im guessing will make it a more difficult job? do you drift over to the desired spot ?

thanks & Tight lines :)

haha thats sorta funny coz i've been in both positions at the poo pipes... we had some ppl there one night and we motored in and got a lot of bait with in 20m of the shore side of the pipes.. and also i've been fishing and had boats come in to net.. either way if it seems an issue yell out and they will prolly be ok with it... or catch heaps and offer them some ... that'd always be welcome

ive found the boat ramp is allways a good spot to try straight up unless theres the usual wekend crowd and as for barging in with a net when others are fishing id have to say treat others how youd like to be treated personally it gets up my nose so wont do it but on a jetty its hard not to sometimes . if your on a boat there on land bugger off some place else as you can or motor far enough away so as not to cause a disturbanceB)

planetfonz wrote:

yeah man its in pinkenba - go to the below link and zoom out...all will be revealed!

/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pinkenba&ie=UTF8&ll=-27.378034,153.16014&spn=0.000819,0.001207&t=h&z=20

haha ok i must be stupid.. did you mean zoom IN??? or zoom out?

I've zoomed right in and traced the bank on the pinkenba side but i cant see any outlet pipe or anything???

more help please:blush:

how dirty is the poo chute actually??

i did a little recon the other day and threw the cast net over at jindalee the other day and only caught a little catty.

also tried william gun in the evening whilst the missus was using frozen prawns, to no avail.

is there a particular time and tide to be throwing the castnet? i'm getting the net open big enough, i have a sneaking suspicion that i may be spooking them with my shadow.

Spoonys Nightmare wrote:

planetfonz wrote:
yeah man its in pinkenba - go to the below link and zoom out...all will be revealed!

/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pinkenba&ie=UTF8&ll=-27.378034,153.16014&spn=0.000819,0.001207&t=h&z=20

haha ok i must be stupid.. did you mean zoom IN??? or zoom out?

I've zoomed right in and traced the bank on the pinkenba side but i cant see any outlet pipe or anything???

more help please:blush:

all good.. what i gave u was the zoomed in image of the outlet, when u zoom out gradually u see where it is, and how it faces the water.. you can even see the discolouration with the water coming out.. not so much of a pipe as a huge cement block that 2 trenches full of old turdy, yet now clean water flow to and then out.. i'd say even before giving it a good go in your boat to go for a cruise there in the car and walk around..

yo! yeah theres pretty easy access
/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pinkenba&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=-27.380828,153.155529&spn=0.006755,0.009656&z=17&iwloc=addr

poo pipe in this link is top right of image, at bottom left you'll see tracks etc. easy to walk to the outlet from there, bit of rock walking towards the end which is fine and dandy. if you are the adventurous type its possible to walk along the edge of the poo water trench :D just don't fall in as theres some 3 eyed eels ready to attack !!! the roads out there are all in the UBD

• 4 years later...

Archived