Buying a used Viking Nemo?

werewolf

Hey Champs

My old man and I are considering going halves in a second hand Nemo that a lady we know wants to sell.

How does the Nemo go stability wise? Does it track okay in the wind?

I'm mainly interested in it for the occasional creek sneak and maybe a few dam trips.

What would a fair price for a used one be? I had a look at this one; it's about a year old and in good nick.

cheers, wwolfB)

ps - my only real experiance with paddle craft is our big fibreglass canoe, that kills you if a stiff breeze pops up! If I could get my hands on a cheap, stable yak that is easy to manage, I might have a reason to get out on the water a bit more often;)

i had a nemo...awesome in a creek sneak situaton:)

took it off bribie once....now im not the best surf launcher (as terry will tell ya) but i think they are better in slightly calmer conditions:P ( i stacked it ok!)

they are very stable thou..and ya can get a good amount of speed up on em..(they can keep up with the hobies no worries)

the thing i liked most about the nemo..ya could chuck it on the car..throw it around..and treat it like ya stole it..they are tough , light and easy...

jimmybob wrote:

Funnily enough.... I now own a Viking Nemo courtesy of Jimmybob.

Found it to be a very stable stable craft to paddle and fish from. Storage is by way of a tub in the back and I also put a recessed container in the middle hatch which I leave open to access.

If you want to take mine for a spin one weekend and play with it then let me know and its all yours.

jimmybob wrote:

took it off bribie once....now im not the best surf launcher (as terry will tell ya) but i think they are better in slightly calmer conditions:P ( i stacked it ok!)

they are very stable thou..and ya can get a good amount of speed up on em..(they can keep up with the hobies no worries)

the thing i liked most about the nemo..ya could chuck it on the car..throw it around..and treat it like ya stole it..they are tough , light and easy...

I concur, tough, light and easy come to mind.

Regards

Al

I sold one to Ash and he has been a big fan. Remember they come with a 10 year warranty so make sure to try and get the warranty off the seller as well.

Any brand confident of having a 10 year warranty must be selling a good product in my opinion.

Angus

Sorry, just saw this post. I love the little nemo ive got, great for creeks and dams. Very stable. Not as sleek as the espris etc, so doesnt move through the water as easily, but realistaly that doesnt matter unless your planning on raceing your mates. great storage for such a small yak, only 20kgs so gets thrown on the roof very easily and easy to carry around.

Wow thanks for the the big plug on the Nemo guys. Any booty for your offer. You are all top blokes:kiss:

I'm pretty sure I could borrow the one I'm actually looking at if I asked! I'm still mulling it over though. LOL and now Romeo is eyeing of the Ozzie, so if we bought both of them I could see some chaotic sharking adventures coming up :woohoo:

Archived