Are Berkley 3B Fat Dog Crank Hard Bodies any good

Just been Lure shopping again most the lures i have are MegaBass,Ecogear,Atomic Hards,Chubbys.....I have never brought Berkley 3B Fat Dog Cranks before, so i thought seeing there was a sale i would buy a few.;)

Are these a good lure compared with other lures like the above ? I brought the Deep Diver 2.0m

Thanks Darren

I love em!

They have a great action, combined with killer paint jobs.... Its like using dynamite!

I dont have a problem with the hooks...I have caught some nice bream over a kilo, and have only broken or straightened trebles unhooking the fish. In saying that if im on the flats I retro-fit them 90% of the time with owner light gauge hooks. But that's just me.

I love em!

They have a great action, combined with killer paint jobs.... Its like using dynamite!

I dont have a problem with the hooks...I have caught some nice bream over a kilo, and have only broken or straightened trebles unhooking the fish. In saying that if im on the flats I retro-fit them 90% of the time with owner light gauge hooks. But that's just me.

What size owner hooks will you re fit them with ?

Best thing is to try them out and see how they work for you. There are so many different lures on the market and peoples personal preferences will be different.

I used one of the berkley chubby divers (Although different to the one you asked about) and didn't mind it, at the moment my fav's are the Atomics

Even better they are on special too!!

Sounds like your building up a good collection, it's time to get out there mate and put a few to the test, looking forward to a report !!

All depends!

as a general rule #14, but if im fishing shallow water i will sometimes put a #14 on the back and #10 or #12 on the front...slightly raises the head of the lure running it a bit more shallow....

I mix and match all the time and I always try and think outside the box in the hope it gives me some kind of edge.

All depends!

as a general rule #14, but if im fishing shallow water i will sometimes put a #14 on the back and #10 or #12 on the front...slightly raises the head of the lure running it a bit more shallow....

I mix and match all the time and I always try and think outside the box in the hope it gives me some kind of edge.

Do you find yourself Bream/Bass bend a size 14 hook easy on hard body lures ?

ST-11UL trebles are light gauge and can bend or break easy. But I use them in conjunction with ultra light flurocarbon ie 2lb. And I play the fish so no I dont have to many problems with breaking or bending hooks while fighting the fish. I have had a few 'missed' fish that on inspection of the trebles they have been crushed but that's fishing!

I don't use Light gauge hook's generally in tight country where I need to put hurt on fish, unless I'm having a tough bite!

In saying that I have just been lazy social fishing and not changed my trebles from UL to standard gauge and have fished racks, and not bent a hook.... Most of the time damage is done removing hooks, not landing the fish

Archived