Recipe: Hot Cross Oreo Truffles

username_taken

A nice easy easter recipe. These are good for at least one leave pass to go fishing.

Hot Cross Oreo Truffles

1 large package Oreo cookies (28 cookies)

1 250g package cream cheese (softened)

250g of dark chocolate ( no higher than 75% )

100g white chocolate

Crush the cookies any way you prefer ( I used pulse mode in the food processor ) don't crush it too finely. Mix through the softened cream cheese. Make into little balls by taking a dessert spoon full at a time and rolling it between your hands. Cool in the fridge.

Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and dip the balls into the chocolate. I used a bamboo skewer. Turn the ball around until it's uniformly covered in chocolate then tap gently to get rid of excess chocolate. Put it on a tray covered in foil with a tiny bit of vegetable oil spread over it. Once they're all covered in chocolate use a teaspoon to mend any holes left by the skewer by dipping the bottom of the teaspoon into the chocolate and touching it over the hole.

Cool in the fridge until chocolate is nice and hard.

Line the truffles up into rows, and melt the white chocolate ( I used the microwave 60% for 1 minute, stir, then 30 sec intervals until melted uniformly ) and put it into a ziplock bag. cut the corner of the bag. Carefully draw a cross on each truffle by running lines of it over the rows of truffles. first one direction, then the other.

When white chocolate has hardened ( a few minutes ) split the truffles up and return to the fridge.

DSC03519.JPG.jpg

DSC03522.JPG.jpg

Archived