switchblades and vaults

flatty_catcher

well I did have three, 1 switchblade and 2 vaults.

went out yesterday and threw a vault around for quite some time, but no joy, then snagged it on a snagg and lost it.

anyway I havnt caught a fish on any of them?

I use the lift then drop method and have also been using a slow continuous retreive.

I think they have a great action and thats why I persist with them.

Any tips on how to retreive them or anything?

I got a yellow switchblade and a orange vault now.

Dan

try every different retrieval possible is my best advice...They do work. I've scored my PB flattie at 74ish on one, and a 29 bream as well and I've only used them on maybe 5 trips.

And keep them off the bottom if you don't know what's down there... I shed a tear for each blade i lose... have only lost one though... :)

they do fall fast.. but if ur going to use the slow retrive use the rear hole when attaching to ur line.. my favorite type of this lure is the JAZZ.. u can get the sonic boom jazz at a lot of places but is is 1\2 weight, not a bad lure.. but the one to look for is the little 1\8 jazz... tackle warehouse has the best selection of these charltons has 3 colours of the smaller ones.. i dont know of many other shops that stock the smaller one..even Mo tackle does not have the 1\8 weight one and only stocks the jazz sonic boom 1\2 weight. B)

There also great for tailor, the 1\2 weight would be perfect for busting tuna.. :woohoo:

threadybuster wrote:

i wish they made a lighter version tht fluttered down slowly, the tts and vxs sink like bricks lol. good for some methods i spoze.

Interesting what size are you thinking when you say lighter like a 1/12 or even lighter. Might have to get a few prodotypes made I wonder who could test them lol.

Dec wrote:

Only problem would be you would have to move it a little bit faster to get the same action as the 1/8 I think. When dad gets home from fiji I will ask him if we can get a few made to try out how they would work.

Hey Dec,

any idea when the bass sized ones will be ready. I have no bigger blades in my bass tackle at the moment, I'm resisting the temptation to get any more Evergreens until I try the big Switchblades.

I just know they're gunna rock.

Little Grey Men wrote:

Dec wrote:
Only problem would be you would have to move it a little bit faster to get the same action as the 1/8 I think. When dad gets home from fiji I will ask him if we can get a few made to try out how they would work.

Hey Dec,

any idea when the bass sized ones will be ready. I have no bigger blades in my bass tackle at the moment, I'm resisting the temptation to get any more Evergreens until I try the big Switchblades.

I just know they're gunna rock.

Shouldnt be too long we have the blades and the mould is nearly ready it will be a 1/2. Dont know about the hooks they are the real set back it can take months to get more hooks sometimes and other times we have been told to wait over a year. I can tell you they are very good on NPD bass and yellas though.

Archived