Nundah/Cabbage tree creeks

Keechie

hey everyone, i hit up the 2 creeks on sunday with a mate. Fished up nundah creek for about 3 or 4 hours for only 3 bream(2 to mark 1 to myself) and a fair few dropped fish and hits. Decided to move down to the pontoons and flicked a few plastics at the pontoons and let my plastic drift to the bottom small hit and watched the rod load up bang and i am on zzzzz run's for a bit and managed to lead him away and into the net. Turns out a nice little jewie of 42cm and by the looks of it something had a go at him. moved to the next pontoon cast and all of a sudden my mate yells "oh shit". zzzzzzz with the reel nearly in the water runs constantly for 2 minutes then line goes slack and unfortunetly we lost what was estimated as a big jewie. flicked back under and up comes a nice small bream. SAw some bread in the water so we motored over and flicked some lures past some thumping bream. Anyway we headed off with a total of

Me: 2 bream and a jewie

mark: 2 bream and a big bust-off

thanks for reading, if you want photo's let me know and i will post them up.

yes it sounds like a big jew

I have never caught one like that but apparently they can hit it and run for up to 50-100 meters.

but the first run you dont hook em because they drop it and pick it up,so you wait till they drop it then wait for them to hit it a second time, once they pick it up again then you hook em.

good one

Dan

Archived