fishermans island 9/11

paul10

Okay. Taking the boy to fishermans island boat ramp on Sunday. Looking to maybe even take home something to eat one day but that is the life of us landbased anglers.

Hopefully we will be fishing by about 4:30am so if anyone has any advice for us please feel free to comment. Anyone launching from there early stop and have a chat if you want.

Paul

should be ok you'll be fishing the last hr or so of the run in and the beginning of the run out - heaps of ppl say 2hrs before and 2hrs after the tide is good so your starting in the "prime time"

430am on a sunday morning is waaaaaay to early for me though hahhaha good luck and have fun

:pinch: Try anywhere where I've marked in red. The part parallel to the road is sand. The part perpendicular is rocks and under the bridge.

I thing flatty catcher pulled an 80cm jew from under there about a month back (night time). Some members have pulled jacks and cod from there also. The sand parts should produce some bream near the mangroves and flatties as well as some bite-size whiting. Recommend some worms for the kids rigs.

went there today about an hour before/2 hours after high tide. didn't catch a thing =[

plenty of bites though, felt like tiny bream or something, but they picked my mullet strips to shreds w/o any hookups.

The part along the sand/mangroves produced nothing at all.

I know what you all mean about fishing light, I had to downgrade to the smallest sinker i could find after 10 minutes, under the bridge. snag snag snag snag snag!

anyway, might be better at night or something but nothing seemed big enough to hook up. fellas next to us landed a couple of little bream i think, though.

paul10 - depending how the weekend goes weather wise i might be heading out in the boat on sunday for a few hours down around the pin. give me a call on the mobile # on my profile if you are keen to tag along instead of going landbased. plan to target whiting and bream and maybe a flattie or two. happy to take you and the young fella along. how old is he, might have to grab out a kiddies life jacket!

You mean go over to the darkside Benno and leave my landbased brothers behind. It's where I started from and I would be betraying all those who still hold landbased fishing dear to their hearts.

Oh! what the hell. I'll give you a call this afternoon if that's OK.

The boy is about 9 1/2 years old so he'll need a life jacket.

Thanks for the offer Benno.

Paul

Just thought I'd clarify my other post - I didn't say it was going to fish well; just more options/styles. The area on the boat ramp side is pretty small and limited (and the insects are far worse lol).

I haven't fished there for 25 years except to try for some whiting as livies for last years Classic.

25 years ago it was pretty good though; always a feed of bream flathead and whiting from the area opposite the ramp.

When castnetting some livies with noname the other week something was giving them a hurry-up near the mangroves past the clear sandy beach on the LHS in the pic I posted.

Archived