Brisbane River 08/06/06

Angus

Well, Terry, Ben, Dan (a guy im trainign at work) and myself decided to hit up Brekky creek for a random thursday night fish.

I think Terry was the keenest as he had his new toys to try out. An inflatable boat and massive game reel! So on went the dead eel soaked in Tuna oil to be paddled out into the hole at the mouth of Breakfast Creek. (The newstead pontoon was as usual inudated with cast netters).

Terry also managed to get a huge hule of nice little poddy mullet (mostly around the 10cm mark) so we all used our spare rods for some live baiting.

The only highlights of te night were

1.Terry's live biat going for a run only to come in with no hook up and a mangled mullet.

2.My line getting the hook up on a live mullet only to be bitten clean off about 5 seconds later.

3. Terry spilling tuna oil all throuhg his pants while paddling teh bait out. :P

4. Me dropping my phone into the River. :angry: I bloody waded around for ages up to my waste feeling to bottom with my feet. Found the phone (Its still drying out) and salvaged my sim card which still works! Yay. So it was not as bad as i first though.

Anyway good luck to anyone fishing this weekend.

Angus.

Stick it in a biscuit tin (or other airtight container). raid all the tablets and vitamins from the cupboard for the little \"dry sachets\" get 4 or 5 of them and bung them in with the phone, the phone as open as possible (battery off, sim out etc) and leave it in their for 2 or 3 days.

Dont open the container or you will let the dried out air inside escape - the sachets have to dry the air as well as the phone, so opening it gives them more work to do.

Archived