Norman creek mouth report 24.12.08

cpetrie

hey guys.

finally a good session. my dad and i got up at 5 this morning to go out for a fish at norman creek. we got out there and started on the rocks with soft plastics, no luck there, and soon enough the tide was over out feet. we moved on under the bridge for nothing once again. so we tried to find a new spot, we found a walkway for people going under the bridge and climbed the fence and fished off a ledge next to someone's house.decided to through a bait (frozen shrimp) since had no luck with SP's. i put on a light rig with 1 splitshot then 20cm of line to a size 1 chemically sharpened baitholder hook. within a minute i was hooked up to a bream, about 20-22cm. another 10 or so minutes adn i'm on again, about 23cm bream. took a while for the next but i got on 10cm bream:) big hey, lol . as soon as we were throwing in the baits we were gettting bites, sometimes big. next fish my dad hooked on the fight was short but fun to watch, bream about 20cm. next again my dad hooked on again, bit bigger this time with 21cm being the length. i was getting annoyed, i didn't want to be outfished when i'm on this site all the time. i through my shrimp in a bang zzzzzzzzzzzz i was on, it was big, i had a rush of adreniline as i hold on anad it swims off i realize my drag was loose as so i tighten a bit, and a bit more adn it starts to slow down. reel, zzzzzzzzzz, the fihgt when on for a while until i brought it to the surface, a cod. it was brown and white (not sure what species). it went about 30cm and 1kg or so. my first cod i was so happy. after the cod i caught 1 more bream around the same sise as the others. i only got photos of the first two bream, cod and last bream, forgot the others. great day and one of the best trips in a while.

tally

Dave- 5 bream one cod

Dad- 2 bream

cheers,

Dave

more photos coming soon

cp, if you look in a street directory, google maybe better, a little ways up the creek, maybe 500/600 mtrs there is a concrete pontoon, try there late 1 arvo. its got something fenced in b4 you actually get to the pontoon from memory. only about 20/30 mtrs from the road. you will encounter catfish but the bream around there are good, very good.

wolfr wrote:

Nice work....

I'm trying to get my twins into fishing, they enjoy flicking plastics with me, Norman Creek sound like a place that accessible to us and spark more interest, but, where is Norman Creek?

go onto story bridge heading southside. keep going and find shaftson avenue. follow it until you find a small bridge, water under that is norman creek. i think thats about right. i didn't drive

Dave

wolfr wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the directions... I'm here at work at the moment with the boys, reading Forums, counting the minutes with rods & lures in the boot, exploring my options for a flick..... soonish!

Cheers

hey my dad and i had a great time, we haven't had regular hook-ups withing 10mins of each other in months. where i was there was a sewerage pipe coming out of the wall, i'd try there for cod, cod love all that gunk that comes out, they're like the vacums of the river.

makes sure you tell us how it goes,

Dave

mKs wrote:

nice work bro.

Now all you need is to try and get a few more cod on lures.

Try these:

3inch atomic prong

2inch gulp shrimp

3inch " "

You should start to get a few more.

okay, i've got the 2 inch shrimp i used it first on a 1/16 then a 3 gram head with no luck. i only fished with plastics for a little while at that spot.

Brian D wrote:

Good work Dave, I'm pleased you didn't listen to me about bream and season.

Those catches you made should be considered good for this time of year - congrates.

yeh, sorry about not taking advice but, i had a heavier rig but wasn't getting bites so i changed to splitshot and hooked almost instantely.

Dave

Archived