Gold Coast Hinterland Bass

bretto

bretto wrote:

A mate and I headed up into the mountains up past canungra in search of a decent bass and after about 3km of walking we found a nice pool that was about 6 feet deep and covered in timber. We got two fish in two casts with my mate getting a 46cm and me with a 47cm both on gold sammys. Was a ripper session and I will be going up the again soon.

Pb wild Bass

[img size=291]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/103.JPG

Well Done Guy's!

Nice Bass!:)

wesfish wrote:

GREAT LOOKING FISH , is the water fairly clear up that stretch? i have been thinking of trying above oxenford weir for a fair while now , after seeing this from further up stream i will have to give it a go !!!!maybe tomorow...

Was dirty and cold mate but we have had many donuts up that way lately. It has taken us three months to find good fish and I nearly got bit by a brown snake whilst wading knee deep near the bank :unsure: . Fishing in the dam can be good at times but higher barometric pressure and little wind is best. please do release any fish caught in the area as they are wild fish.

i am strictly catch and release of all my bass , so no worries there..i have been using the cheaper prial pencil up at wivenhoe pocket and getting great results , the best went 46 cm but was skunked by ones alot bigger , the surface strikes on the pencils are heart stopping, have you ever come across any of the mary river cod released around canungra?

pinkey wrote:

Hey wesfish thats my favourite pencil to, did you clean charltons out? :P. Except i use them for bream, have got cod, tailor , butterbream on them aswell
hey pinkey just quiz JB if he has one for you hidden out the back lol , he did put a couple away for me but dont know if he still has them ,they are probally in his box by now!!

Archived