Black Marlin

kamarshark

Went out yesterday looking for Tuna with my good mate Simon on his 16ft tinnie in the Gold Coast Sea Way.

we got to our first spot about 7am and rigged up for the Tuna, i rigged a pilly on a 3 gang with wire trace and dropped the bait. as i turned to rig my other rod Simon said "you just got hit" so turned and grabbed the rod and set the hook. i started winding as the fish started coming up and then turned towards the boat, at this point i said i think this might be a big Tuna. the line started peeling and then a Black Marlin jumped about 20 mts away from the boat and danced on top of the water. we both just started laughing and said we will fight it till it snaps off as we were not rigged for this. After a 2 hour battle and following it a further 2km out sea i managed to get it beside the boat.Simon lent over the side and grabbed the bill when the line wrapped aroung the bill and snapped. we managed to get some great footage on the phone and one pic of her jumping. We guessed her to be 6ft-6.5 ft in length, with the length to weight chart it is guessed to be around the 64 kg mark. I would like to thank Simon for his effort and guiding me in catching this Black Marlin. Angus has added a pic of the Marlin down the page.

post-159-144598481598_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived